Conductor Training Questions

CR8094

Just got the letter for the pre-interview for Conductor. Have to go on May 22nd. Is this an actual interview or what is it that happens there? Is that the day I will know if I'm getting hired or not? Also once hired, what does the training consist of? Is the training tough? I heard that one of the things is jumping hoops, what is that? Also, having been fired from a previous job will affect my chances of getting hired by the TA? Does having bad credit also affect? Why does it state on the letter that I need to a bring a Driver's License? All I have is a non-driver ID and I didn't know a license was required to be a Conductor. I'm not really liking some things I'm becoming aware of, makes me think that my chances of getting hired will be slim, and this is a job I really want, especially since I'm currently unemployed

Lol ya people are too funny. The reason why I keep asking these questions over and over is because I have to be there at 7:30 and its all the way in Brooklyn (I live in The Bronx) and its really not pleasant to have to get up at 5 AM and goes thru the whole process to then find out ur not getting hired. I really don't wanna waste my time, I'm just trying to get info and then decide based on that wether or not I should go or get myself out of the list and reinstate it later when I graduate from school

As someone already replied in one of your other topics, MTA hires felons. I doubt your situation is any worse than those who were locked up. You're predicting an outcome that's not certain. Nobody who posts here works for HR, so you're not going to get an official response from any of us. Just go to the "pre-employment interview" and if they didn't find you dirty, pass the medical exam and sit down w/ one of the HR representatives to discuss any issues with your application and the start date for your training. Simple.

If you still have any doubts, don't go to wake up @ 0500 to be told that you're not going to be hired.

Now if your concern is real about finishing school and postponing the offer all depends on how long you have 'til you graduate and the future hiring needs for the position. You have control over one, but not the other...

Archived