Rock Park Shuttle Schedule

nostalgia

I rode the (A) to Broad Channel and transferred to the shuttle to Rock Park 116th Street. Returning to Broad Channel, I looked out the railfan window. (The polarized glass doesn't distort reality above ground as it does underground.) The train arrived at Hammel's Wye the same time an (A) from Far Rock approached the wye. Strangely, the (A) went first followed by the shuttle. Passengers for Manhattan getting off the shuttle had to wait for the next (A). Does anybody know why the (A) instead of the shuttle went first?

After discharging passengers, the shuttle goes to relay and gets out of the way of the (A). It seems to be a short wait for the (A) and passengers wouldn't have to wait so long for a connection if the shuttle went first into Broad Channel.

Might have just been a dispatcher error, they may have given the line up too early. Alternatively the (A) or (S) may have already lost time and the dispatchers decided that the Rock Park riders weren't worth it.  The public timetable bears out that an (A) should follow 3 minutes behind an (S) so the fact that there was a tie at the Wye indicates that someone was off.

Might have just been a dispatcher error, they may have given the line up too early. Alternatively the (A) or (S) may have already lost time and the dispatchers decided that the Rock Park riders weren't worth it.  The public timetable bears out that an (A) should follow 3 minutes behind an (S) so the fact that there was a tie at the Wye indicates that someone was off.

I forgot to mention that I asked the T/O at Broad Channel about it when he lowered his window to look outside before closing the doors. [OPTO].

He said "they always do that." The (S) left within 30 seconds of getting the bell and lights.

I forgot to mention that I asked the T/O at Broad Channel about it when he lowered his window to look outside before closing the doors. [OPTO].

He said "they always do that." The (S) left within 30 seconds of getting the bell and lights.

It's certainly against the timetable; Seems like poor service to not have the shuttle connect with the train being shuttled to since it's scheduled to work that way.

Archived