LIRR Cross-Honoring question

alekr

I noticed that the LIRR is cross-honoring service at select stations due to the repairs from the Friday's derailment. How does the cross-honoring system works? If I hopped on the LIRR in Woodside heading to Penn Station and how they can allow me to ride the LIRR.

I want make sure that I understand the cross-honoring system so I don't get fined for not paying the LIRR ticket. I need to get to the city around noon. I use the (7) from Flushing then get off at Woodside hop on the LIRR to Penn. Is that seeming taking advantage of the LIRR service because I need to shave off time and get to Chelsea shorter time for a important tour.

I don't think they would accept it from Woodside to Penn Station, as there is service available on the subway.  What I heard was that they would honor it from Woodside to Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, and Jamaica, as well as from those stations to and from Penn Station and from Brooklyn to and from Jamaica and intermediate stations....I could be wrong...they might just 'cross honor' the metrocards anywhere in that territory.  And I suppose there is no way for the crew to even know if the metrocard has any value on it...

Archived