MTA Capital Plan Calls for New Stops in Bronx and Penn Station

realizm

I'm sure Metro North (or CDOT) hadn't thought about running M8's to NYP close to 10 years after the design of them.

Why Can't the M8's run into Penn? from my understanding they support both under riding and overriding 3rd rail.. wasn't the issue the frequency difference from Penn Station to Harold interlocking? it's 60Hz from there to NewHaven. Worst case it seems you may need extend the 3rd rail abit closer to the Hells Gate. Doesn't even seem you'd need to extend that far to warrant a new DC substation less then 2 Miles? Am I missing something?

Why Can't the M8's run into Penn? from my understanding they support both under riding and overriding 3rd rail.. wasn't the issue the frequency difference from Penn Station to Harold interlocking? it's 60Hz from there to NewHaven. Worst case it seems you may need extend the 3rd rail abit closer to the Hells Gate. Doesn't even seem you'd need to extend that far to warrant a new DC substation less then 2 Miles? Am I missing something?

Yeah the big one.. MONEY

I'm sure Metro North (or CDOT) hadn't thought about running M8's to NYP close to 10 years after the design of them.

It couldn't be that hard to want interoperability with a train line they share tracks with. At any time cdot could request mta to take over any of the other lines that cdot runs from new haven or decide to extend service along shore line east. It was a bit short sighted.

From my understanding The m8 can't switch from under to over riding in revenue service. I have no idea why.

It couldn't be that hard to want interoperability with a train line they share tracks with. At any time cdot could request mta to take over any of the other lines that cdot runs from new haven or decide to extend service along shore line east. It was a bit short sighted.

From my understanding The m8 can't switch from under to over riding in revenue service. I have no idea why.

Couldn't the cars be assigned at the yard/Shop level?  Those that run into the GCT and NYP. The Route direct into Penn is all overriding at no point would Route trackage use both 3rd rail types. shouldn't be to hard to put a system in place and have them preconfigured.

Archived