Electrical Helper 4606 Eligible List?

octobermagic

Hi guys.  I recently took the transit electrical helper test 4606 on Saturday August 23 2014.  Sometime in January they sent me a letter in the mail that I was being considered for temporary transit electrical helper.  I was hesitant about the "temporary" part.  So I decided to check the box at the bottom of the form and decline temporary work at the present time.

Just wondering if someone knows what will happen now?  Will I not be considered for employment or do I just have to wait until they establish a list?

I know I passed the test that's why they sent me that temporary position offer.  I just hope I did not mess things up by declining temporary position.

Hello Octobermagic, if possibly can you provide any form of topics and or advice for the exam, aside from Ohm's law of course. I'm graduating this semester with a BA in Physics. Your experience bring some worry to my head, not sure what will happen after the exam. Assuming I pass it.  

Well the test I took consisted mostly of safety questions. It was very easy. You are asked to read paragraphs of rules and regulations and then questioned about it.

I did not have to even use a calculator as there were hardly any questions concerning ohms law and formulas. Hope that helps.

I hope I still get called when the lost is established.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys. This is Nicholas Noel here. I took the exact same exam for Transit Electrical Helper back on August 23rd, 2014. I was eligible to take the exam because I went to Transit Tech High School and I had 600 hours of Electrical work performed as a helper. Then in January of this year, I got called for provisional, but I didn't get in due to the fact that I didn't have my drivers license so they told me to come back when I have it.

And speaking of the list, the list is being established for permanent employment under civil service. Who got their scores and list number yet?

Archived