Attention B36 bus riders

BrooklynBus

Thank you for helping me remove the fog that had enveloped this mess. I always thought the laws were supposed to be followed by our elected officials but it seems that we are now in an era where "laws are designed not to be followed but  for little people and the public be damned". There are specific laws that govern the holding of meetings by Public Authorities and requirements for notices to the public but the MTA seems to skirt around them whenever it is convenient. The NYCDOT (I presume) is governed by the New York City Charter and are bound by rules as well. The problem is that they forget the rules when someone like the mayor who appoints them to the position wants to do something that has no merit whatsoever. To make sure that he gets his way, he appoints this individual to the MTA Board and she is approved to sit there even though she has an agenda that runs contrary to the good of the public.Since she was she was chosen by the mayor therefore  she can get away with this stupidity because she has his backing. So to stay in his good graces, the MTA is told to go along with this dopey idea and the B/36 riders be damned.

I did some some checking of the district lines for the area involved as well as the Manhattan Beach area and I found that the Councilman and State Assemblyman who represents your area are not the ones that were contacted by me as I do not live in their district. I contacted my assemblywoman and spoke to her about it last week but it is not her district. Neither it is my councilmanic district and I contacted him as well for his support in this matter as it impacts upon my community. Since neither your councilman nor State Assemblyman are interested in your community, It should be noted that the Assemblyman is up for re-election this year and the councilman is up next year so it is up to the community to do what is proper. At least Senator Golden is trying his best to help out so there is someone who is taking an interest in helping get rid of this dumb idea. As far as the mayor is concerned, he will be bought back to the real world quite soon once the grand juries start doing their work. Once the parade of his friends start being ordered to testify about what is going start opening their mouths, then sit by and watch the action. 

Archived