Myrtle Av - Broadway | Bushwick Woes

Used Broadway filter in a cover photo on my G+ feed some time back. This is "as taken."

Do you guys think saving elevated structures is worth the cost and backbreaking? IMHO, I think that streetcars should replace where these rails are too weathered to go on.

Much of the repair gusto is too little too late. The nerve to ask Bushwick residents to ship out...

3cb2002cd9898ea2bc8ea0cb5be720c6.jpg

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

Streetcars could never replace El's. El's avoid stoplights and go plenty faster, don't have to worry about cars below. Plus it's nice to be above on them riding them on a nice day.

Come to think of it, I'm not concerned as much about elevated rails as I am what's in the refurbish material. We are far behind even third world countries in remediation.

I'm already seeing fresh paint jobs peel at Church Av (F)(G), Metropolitan Av (G) platform and I can't even tell at 7 Av - 53 St (B)(D)(E) anymore.

Streetcars could never replace El's. El's avoid stoplights and go plenty faster, don't have to worry about cars below. Plus it's nice to be above on them riding them on a nice day.

If a streetcar is done right, yes it can. The only real roadblock in this country to constructing new, proper, streetcars are motorists. I have ideas to how various types of streets could be modified for efficient streetcar use, doubling as a beautification project for said routes.

But the car mentality of America will make creating new streetcars quite the hurdle.

Sent from my N9132 using Tapatalk

If a streetcar is done right, yes it can. The only real roadblock in this country to constructing new, proper, streetcars are motorists. I have ideas to how various types of streets could be modified for efficient streetcar use, doubling as a beautification project for said routes.

But the car mentality of America will make creating new streetcars quite the hurdle.

Enthusiasm is important. I'm glad I'm hearing that from someone else.

Is it me, or are riders really just dense?

It's not just you. Where I work as a security guard, my post is the High Street station. I watch people act oblivious to the weekly Fix&Fortify work, or dead look at the service notice and trot down the stairs. Honestly, I get more pissed the more it happens.

Oh, and when i say streetcar, I actually meant European style trams.

It's not just you. Where I work as a security guard, my post is the High Street station. I watch people act oblivious to the weekly Fix&Fortify work, or dead look at the service notice and trot down the stairs. Honestly, I get more pissed the more it happens.

Oh, and when i say streetcar, I actually meant European style trams.

Those would be nice.

You see what I mean? Do you think I'm wrong for ignoring questions for directions, when I'm right next to a series of trilingual signs?

Some of these 50, 60 & 70 year olds have lives here longer than my own existence twofold. If they don't know what's up then they're f**ked.

Don't need to add to the hot air.

Those would be nice.

You see what I mean? Do you think I'm wrong for ignoring questions for directions, when I'm right next to a series of trilingual signs?

Some of these 50, 60 & 70 year olds have lives here longer than my own existence twofold. If they don't know what's up then they're f**ked.

Don't need to add to the hot air.

What kills me the most is that minority who thinks it's my job to tell them. I mean I would have...if they looked at the posting and actually read it. Half these people have smartphones and don't check these things before walking out the door.

What kills me the most is that minority who thinks it's my job to tell them. I mean I would have...if they looked at the posting and actually read it. Half these people have smartphones and don't check these things before walking out the door.

Oi. You should've seen the agent pair at Myrtle-Wyckoff (L)(M) that I chatted with during #Blizzard2016. While everyone went nuts, I went to every window in the system and took pictures.

You guys do too much for too little. :/ There's a breaking point for how bad this can get. I just hope it isn't the next increase. $3 for a local ride is gonna be insane...

Archived