Train Operator 7604

saldanamoreno

Hello,

I am new to this forum.  I understand that the Train Operator Exam is open on December 9th and is open competitive, is that correct?

I want to apply once it comes out, I have a Bachelor's degree and over 10 years full time job experience in the medical field and looking to change careers.  I am also a Veteran of the USAF.  Any information on what my next step should be would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello,

I am new to this forum.  I understand that the Train Operator Exam is open on December 9th and is open competitive, is that correct?

I want to apply once it comes out, I have a Bachelor's degree and over 10 years full time job experience in the medical field and looking to change careers.  I am also a Veteran of the USAF.  Any information on what my next step should be would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

As of now, yes, however things can change, so don't get too hyper and then they postpone it again.

If I was you, right now, just sit back and be patient. Once the notice of examination (NOE) comes out, then all of us will have a better idea of what to expect.

As of now, yes, however things can change, so don't get too hyper and then they postpone it again.

If I was you, right now, just sit back and be patient. Once the notice of examination (NOE) comes out, then all of us will have a better idea of what to expect.

O.k. I get it.  I can wait until, what is it? Dec. 9th?  I'll wait until then and see what happens.  Thanks for the info.

Hello,

Thank you.

Your next step is to wait for the beginning of the filing period (hopefully they don't postpone it again) and to file for the exam which can be done through the links on the MTA page under employment which will start you in the right place.

If you're looking further ahead (beyond filing) then this should help: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/49538-rto-new-hire-faq/

• 3 weeks later...

Your next step is to wait for the beginning of the filing period (hopefully they don't postpone it again) and to file for the exam which can be done through the links on the MTA page under employment which will start you in the right place.

If you're looking further ahead (beyond filing) then this should help: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/49538-rto-new-hire-faq/

This is very helpful.....Thank you kindly.

• 2 months later...

So It's December 11th and the train operator position is available to apply for.  I have submitted the application online and paid the application fee.  I realize that as a Disabled Veteran I could have went through the process of filling out a paper form and waiving the fee but I chose to do it online, mainly to just fill it out and get that part out of the way.  I realized that "Disabled Veterans' Credit will be granted only to eligible passing candidates who request that they be applied.....but must be requested before the date the eligible list is established."  I clicked on Disabled Veteran in my online application, is this acceptable as a form of requesting this credi?  If not how do I do this and when should I do this?   

Thank you in advance.

Archived