Looks like Suffolk is planning on moving forward with the Patchouge-Stony Brook BRT Route

mac5689

Just saw this article in a small local paper that mentions that Suffolk has received a grant to make a Transportation center in Patchouge for the proposed Stony Brook-Patchouge BRT. 

So it sounds like they are planning on moving forward with the route. The route will also connect the commuinity with employment with opportunities at SUNY Stony Brook and Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center. I'm not sure if that means the route would be extended to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center or they mean by way of transfer to the 7B.

Here's the Article. https://www.longislandadvance.net/3998/Money-secured-for-Mud-Creek-and-Patchogue-transportation-center

They really need to improve their current bus network first before implementing "fancy BRT". I heard they are proposing more cuts next year.

This BRT project has been on the books since Bellone took office. This is the first step they have taken that isn't about spending money studying it.

I think that rumor got started because the DPW considered more routes incase the October cuts needed to be larger. Since the October cuts weren't that bad, I don't think there are any more cuts coming.

The only cuts I could see would be any routes that would probably be unnecessary due to the BRT.

Archived