Transit pension question

Blugurl456

Hi, my family has a big MTA employment background, and I'm wondering if there are any old-timers out there to answer my question. My grandpa was a MTA general contractor/truck driver from the mid 1960s until he got sick at the end of 1990. Can anybody tell me what was the pension tier and amount and yearly salary for that time period. Thanx much!

Hi, my family has a big MTA employment background, and I'm wondering if there are any old-timers out there to answer my question. My grandpa was a MTA general contractor/truck driver from the mid 1960s until he got sick at the end of 1990. Can anybody tell me what was the pension tier and amount and yearly salary for that time period. Thanx much!

Either Tier 1 or Tier 2.

If he was a contractor, he was not a TA employee, so I can't speak to that as his benefits would be whatever the contracting company offered.

If he was a TA employee, he'd have fallen under Tier 1 if he started before 1973 and maintained his pension continuously from that time on (or bought back into Tier 1 after not doing so), or Tier 2 if not.

Archived