License suspended due to child support

Mr Marta

Hey guys I’ll try to be specific as possible: I’m in the pre-employment process for Exam 4105 only thing stopping me from going to the next step is my license was suspended in 2016 for unpaid child support I was not aware of this since I had a Georgia CDL License for the past 5 yrs and I was making payments from Georgia I even had my Georgia abstract showing that my NY license was not suspended in 2016 only in 2013 but reinstated in 2014.

THE HR guy that pull my record at the pre employment process told me that I was fine because they are going by my Georgia abstract since I was living there for the past 5 years my abstract is clean in Georgia,so the only thing for me to do is fix the suspension so I can transfer my Georgia CDL to NY he gave me this white slip and said call to make appointment once I resolved this...I asked him “but the application said that you needed to have a Valid NYS License for at least threee years up to appointment date, if I get my license reinstated now (which is 2018) won’t I be disqualified for the position? He responded again with the same answer you will be fine.

Is this true? I don’t believe him my fear is I do be fine but once I’m in training I get pull out of class for This situation 

41 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

You should be okay. You already have your CDL which qualifies you under #1 in that section of the NOE. What you referenced is for applicants coming in with their CDL permit. Also, their definition of valid means something that allows you to drive in NY.

Big sigh of relief thank you! So basically since i already have a CDL they just want me to clear the suspension so I can transfer my ga CDL to NYS...that 3-4 year span of a valid ID is not a concern in my case

Archived