New chief customer officer does not like transit lingo

BreeddekalbL

Hopefully this goes somewhere. As many of you know, communication, specifically the MTA's inability to lack of it, has been one of my biggest annoyances as of late, so I really do want to see this get better. As for a starting point, planned service changes. I know many of you think I'm just going to mention that we need better maps to convey service changes and while that is an important aspect, another important thing customers need to know is how long these service changes will last. We can look at the MTA's site to see service changes for up to three weeks in advance. However, we all know that these G.O.s are planned well in advance, months even. The MTA should be able to provide at least preliminary plans for service changes, much as TfL does for their services in London. Riders should know for example how many weekends Culver service will be suspended beyond a couple of weeks or if the (D) / (F) switcheroo will be in effect this weekend. It's alright if the service change is cancelled for whatever reason. It's not alright if the whole thing is sprung on unsuspecting riders.

Archived