temporary station agent afc 01-f

AMITCHELL

Hi,

I received a employment letter from transit for temporary station agent afc 01-f. can any body give me some more details as to is this a regular station agent job and how come it is temporary

The reason for it being a temporary offer is because you are from the 2015/16 test which has not been certified yet. You don’t have a list number or score. The last 400 people or so on the seniority list are temp provisionals . They are being hired due to need but until you have a list number you will be considered temporary. The responsibilities are the same. The exception is that some classes coming in are being put straight into a Wayfinder position which is mostly outside the booth providing customer service at different stations . You are trained for everything inside the booth but your job will be 5 days outside the booth. There’s no way of knowing whether this will be what you will be until you are in training. The pay is slightly higher and runs on a conductors pay scale which is about .30 higher but I’ve done the math and it’s really the same. The days off are better since they offer weekends with some shifts (or at least they did, those might be all filled up by now) which you won’t see for a while. To be honest I did work outside the booth and though some people like it I did not. For the most part the temp provisional thing just means you will remain that way until they certify the list through DCAS. They have been hiring from your test since 11/2016 so you won’t be the only one. I could go on and on about seniority but I shouldn’t since it’s a public forum. Hope that helps .  - Jay

• 8 months later...

Archived