MTA Distorts Information Regarding Subway Delays

Via Garibaldi 8

9 minutes ago, RR503 said:

All of this has been reported on extensively before. Good to see acknowledgement of it as an issue, but this reeks of attention grabbery...

Yes, but at the same time it is the (MTA) that is claiming that delays are fewer and service is improving. Not so sure I agree.  My train rides especially on the (A) continue to be horrendous, as was the case last night, yet somehow service is improving.  THREE (D) trains before a single (A) train, and we both know that the (D) is not the most frequent of trains. They now have their hands out asking for higher fares, and as the press conference noted, we need to see a change in their metrics and more transparency, so this was the perfect time to have a press conference as a reminder.  I think this is the key thing that must change and something we argued about extensively in my last meeting.  The way that they compile their information is suspect and misleading and they are allowed to embellish. Even with doing such things their stats are pretty bad.

On 2/8/2019 at 3:11 PM, RR503 said:

All of this has been reported on extensively before. Good to see acknowledgement of it as an issue, but this reeks of attention grabbery...

Yeah, hes's only repeating what was laid out at the Board/Committee meetings that even Byford has had TV interviews about and is trying to address.

14 minutes ago, N6 Limited said:

Yeah, hes's only repeating what was laid out at the Board/Committee meetings that even Byford has had TV interviews about and is trying to address.

As he noted in the interview, the (MTA) is coming to riders asking for more money. There MUST be more accountability for such things.  It may have been reported on, but the question is when will the status quo change?  

5 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

As he noted in the interview, the (MTA) is coming to riders asking for more money. There MUST be more accountability for such things.  It may have been reported on, but the question is when will the status quo change?  

Right they need to be accountable, we (NYCT Passengers) all knew they were full of it when:

1) Trains which we waited 15+ mins for were delayed due to "train traffic" as soon as we left the station.

2) MTA said delays were due to "overcrowding" but the trains weren't crowded ,just SLOW.

3) Trains would crawl and crawl and crawl, and they'd blame train delays on passengers holding doors!!  It took 20-30 mins to go 5 stops but it's the passengers holding doors that's causing delays, LOL.

10 minutes ago, N6 Limited said:

Right they need to be accountable, we (NYCT Passengers) all knew they were full of it when:

1) Trains which we waited 15+ mins for were delayed due to "train traffic" as soon as we left the station.

2) MTA said delays were due to "overcrowding" but the trains weren't crowded ,just SLOW.

3) Trains would crawl and crawl and crawl, and they'd blame train delays on passengers holding doors!!  It took 20-30 mins to go 5 stops but it's the passengers holding doors that's causing delays, LOL.

Yeah, I mean this is what I'm talking about...

Archived