Can Select Bus Service can work for Long Island?

FamousNYLover

I was wondering if Long Island can handle Select Bus Service with use of their regular buses or use larger buses like Bee-Line's Orion #804 series?

For my idea, N6 LTD will be called N6 SBS with major stops and Hillside Av-Jamaica Av stops will be relocated.

Does Suffolk County Transit has Limited buses or only local?

If it could use Limited-Select Bus Service, it might help?

What do you guys/girl think?

I am just curious, that's why i have question a lot.

I was wondering if Long Island can handle Select Bus Service with use of their regular buses or use larger buses like Bee-Line's Orion #804 series?

For my idea, N6 LTD will be called N6 SBS with major stops and Hillside Av-Jamaica Av stops will be relocated.

Does Suffolk County Transit has Limited buses or only local?

If it could use Limited-Select Bus Service, it might help?

What do you guys/girl think?

I am just curious, that's why i have question a lot.

SCT doesn't have LTD service, the only thing close to it is the S110 or 'Suffolk Clipper' that goes to the SUNY College at Farmigdale and stops at park and rides off the LIE and in Happague near where the S62 lets off. i don't think LTD service would work in Suffolk because all stops that are important espacialy those that are serviced by one route or ppl can only take one bus to get where they need to go.

SBS service would be hard cuz u'd have to make sure that ppl have their ticket and what ever, and trust me its hard. last time i was on the S61 a ladie lost her famlies transfers and there was like only four in the group. another time when i was on the S66 someone tried to use an expired Transfer from the S66. now i'm not saying that it shouldn't be done, just that it will be hard.

Archived