Transfer To Another Department?

cloudforgiven

Hey guys, I'm TA, and was wondering if I wanted to get into the O/A how would I go about doing that?

I heard from some friends I'd have to take another open competitive exam for my title (I don't wanna say) an do re-training all over again :(, instead of just requesting this to HR.

What OA title you are trying to move to and why would you want to go from TA to OA?

And yes, you would have to take the next open competitive exam for that title, whenever that comes around.

If you're going to OA to be a bus operator, just wait for the next TA bus op exam and get hired from that list... Less paperwork and you can keep your pension in NYCERS.

24 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

What OA title you are trying to move to and why would you want to go from TA to OA?

If you're going to OA to be a bus operator, just wait for the next TA bus op exam and get hired from that list... Less paperwork and you can keep your pension in NYCERS.

It's for Maintainer, but I want to purchase a property upstate, so it would be better to work in the bronx.

Also  can you explain what you mean by less paperwork? 

And isn't the benefits in O/A better, as in like medical coverage etc... and I think they get paid a more too. Sorry I'm a little new to this stuff.

Edited by cloudforgiven
test

Gotcha. It's less paperwork because you're already an employee. You would still have to do whatever drug test and medical stuff but you'll be fast tracked in a sense.

According to the pay table, all maintainers make the same amount. Benefits should be more or less the same too since TWU negotiates for both OA/TA. 

http://www.twulocal100.org/sites/twulocal100.org/files/wage_rates_2019-2023.pdf