98th and Park...(11/04/08)

R32 3348

I've always been puzzled of these areas in Manhattan. Do the tracks have a more or less zero grade and it's the road that's on a grade, are the tracks and road both on a grade, or do the tracks have the more significant grade?

I'm not too familiar with Manhattan topography (aside from what we learned in oceanography 101), but i'm under the impression northern Manhattan is hilly...

NICE SHOTS.

:D

Thanks!

I've always been puzzled of these areas in Manhattan. Do the tracks have a more or less zero grade and it's the road that's on a grade, are the tracks and road both on a grade, or do the tracks have the more significant grade?

I'm not too familiar with Manhattan topography (aside from what we learned in oceanography 101), but i'm under the impression northern Manhattan is hilly...

In this case, the road is on a steeper grade.

Upper Manhattan is pretty hilly. I think Park Avenue goes down a hill, but the tracks stay pretty level. Same thing happens on the (1) at 125 Street.

And the portal is at East 97 Street not 98 Street.

Thanks for the correction. I conmfused it with 98th because I walked up 98th to get to the portal.

Archived