B/O Exam 9604 Pre-Employment Issues

BigBlueNYG

Hope you all are doing well. I received my appointment ticket and canvaass application which I submitted to the NYCT Employment center (in person). I was told that everything checked out however my license had a restriction on it going back more than 2 years. The restriction was lifted years ago. The restriction was not a based on a moving violation or unpaid ticket. I downloaded my abstract and my license is valid (no restrictions) I dont recall this being a reason for not moving forward. I have no moving violations, no suspensions, no open tickets, etc. My child support is current and always paid on time; other than the time I was falling back in arrears a couple of years ago. All I have to do I obtain my CDL Permit which Im getting in a week. Does anyone here have experience with this situation? 

On 8/28/2021 at 11:01 AM, BigBlueNYG said:

Hope you all are doing well. I received my appointment ticket and canvaass application which I submitted to the NYCT Employment center (in person). I was told that everything checked out however my license had a restriction on it going back more than 2 years. The restriction was lifted years ago. The restriction was not a based on a moving violation or unpaid ticket. I downloaded my abstract and my license is valid (no restrictions) I dont recall this being a reason for not moving forward. I have no moving violations, no suspensions, no open tickets, etc. My child support is current and always paid on time; other than the time I was falling back in arrears a couple of years ago. All I have to do I obtain my CDL Permit which Im getting in a week. Does anyone here have experience with this situation? 

First of all, welcome to the Forums!

Second, to my knowledge, the fact that you had a restriction which was lifted should not be a factor as far as why they turned you away. If anything, this sounds like "discrimination," however that's just me. Therefore, have you tried reaching out to the "higher ups" to try to clarify why you're not moving forward?

Finally, as per the guidelines of the website, if you can please post in the relevant forum, which can be viewed here, it would be truly appreciated.

Again, welcome to the Forums!!

Edited by +Young+

• +Young+ changed the title to B/O Exam 9604 Pre-Employment Issues
  • +Young+ locked this topic