SIRTOA Track Worker and Conductor

bigsky92

Hey all,

New to this forum. I was wondering if anyone on here has applied to either Track Worker or Conductor for the Staten Island Railway. For Track Worker I applied to job #97883 on 10/22/2020 and Conductor #99764 on 8/20/2021 where the status for both is ‘Passed Prescreening’ A LIRR conductor told me MTA applications expire after one year but whether or not that’s unique to the LIRR, I don’t know. Just wondering if anyone on here has heard or still waiting for these jobs on the SIRTOA specifically. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

On 11/14/2021 at 7:18 PM, bigsky92 said:

Hey all,

New to this forum. I was wondering if anyone on here has applied to either Track Worker or Conductor for the Staten Island Railway. For Track Worker I applied to job #97883 on 10/22/2020 and Conductor #99764 on 8/20/2021 where the status for both is ‘Passed Prescreening’ A LIRR conductor told me MTA applications expire after one year but whether or not that’s unique to the LIRR, I don’t know. Just wondering if anyone on here has heard or still waiting for these jobs on the SIRTOA specifically. Thanks.

I heard the same thing from my brother who became a Bus operator. He said he was hired right before the expiration date of the application. And I read online some applicants mentioning they needed to reapply each time. I also applied to the SIRTOA conductor position in August. I was told from a MTA worker that they hire separately from the rest of the MTA. For example the number and letter trains you get tossed around to different train lines. SIR keeps you there.So since its such a small train route I think it might take awhile before we are called.I'm going to use the time to get more fit and get things done before they have any excuses to put me on medical hold.

Edited by DonV
typo

On 11/14/2021 at 7:18 PM, bigsky92 said:

Hey all,

"The hiring list is valid for up to four years from the date it is established. " This was attached to information for train operator applicants. Apparently after you passed the exam they put you on the list to wait until you can start.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/15/2021 at 7:20 PM, DonV said:

I heard the same thing from my brother who became a Bus operator. He said he was hired right before the expiration date of the application. And I read online some applicants mentioning they needed to reapply each time. I also applied to the SIRTOA conductor position in August. I was told from a MTA worker that they hire separately from the rest of the MTA. For example the number and letter trains you get tossed around to different train lines. SIR keeps you there.So since its such a small train route I think it might take awhile before we are called.I'm going to use the time to get more fit and get things done before they have any excuses to put me on medical hold.

I'm going through the same thing, been waiting for years for these jobs to call me or to get some form of information, all I am seeing is I pass pre screening

• 6 months later...

Hey guys, I don't know if this is the right spot to post this question but it is a SIR job. I see there is a job posting for a Transportation Crew Caller for Staten Island Railroad. I read the job description and wanted to know more job information. How is the job and what does your work day look like? Is there a probation period and if so how long? I know you can work various shifts (morning, evening, overnight) but is it an on call job or do they give you some kind of schedule? I currently work full time with the city but the money isn't great so I'm looking for different employment. Thank you!