Job application with Metro North or LIRR question

2ride

I hope someone can help me out with this. I’m currently under consideration for assistant conductor and will walk in to take a test for that this month. I applied for the job back in November of 2021. They currently have another assistant conductor posting opened on the MTA website. My question is can I apply for it again or should I not re-apply? Will this benefit me to get a second chance at taking the exam in case I fail it the first time? Thank you. 

18 minutes ago, 2ride said:

I hope someone can help me out with this. I’m currently under consideration for assistant conductor and will walk in to take a test for that this month. I applied for the job back in November of 2021. They currently have another assistant conductor posting opened on the MTA website. My question is can I apply for it again or should I not re-apply? Will this benefit me to get a second chance at taking the exam in case I fail it the first time? Thank you. 

The people at the testing center said if you fail it this time around, you can't take the exam again until a full year later. I guess it won't hurt to apply because you don't really know when you'll be invited to take it again but it won't improve your chances per se if you do fail this time around. 

18 minutes ago, danielhg121 said:

The people at the testing center said if you fail it this time around, you can't take the exam again until a full year later. I guess it won't hurt to apply because you don't really know when you'll be invited to take it again but it won't improve your chances per se if you do fail this time around. 

So if you try to retake it, they’re going to be skeptical about someone who didn’t pass the first time?

33 minutes ago, 2ride said:

So if you try to retake it, they’re going to be skeptical about someone who didn’t pass the first time?

They're not going to be skeptical. They just won't allow you to retake it within that first year point blank. Whether you get chosen after a year passes is another story but you'll have to wait at the very minimum one year before you even get the opportunity to get to retake it. You're well within your right to reapply for it but just know they won't send you another invitation within the year of the first one. And it's not guaranteed they'll reach out again to you even if you submit the same resume.