MTA Metro North Assistant conductor position

Harry5675

• 2 weeks later...

32 minutes ago, Immortal11 said:

Hello everyone, I've filled out the application fir conductor assistant on 4/10/2023

Any word when they'll be giving the next exam ?

It’s pretty random with the way the railroad does things. Give it at least 2-3 months. These exams aren’t publicly-announced like civil service exams, they run your resume through a software which looks for keywords and then determine if your a good fit for a role. Only then will they send an invite for you to take the exam.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2022 at 3:32 PM, Harry5675 said:

Greetings people, I applied for metro north assistant conductor position. I got a call for the exam and also passed it and got cleared for background check but my interview went bad and they rejected me at the last step after the interview. Anybody have tips and suggestions for how to make an impact and passed the interview it will be great deal to me  
so that next time if I get call back and go through the process again I don’t get stopped at the last step. Any piece of information would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hey quick question, did they email you to inform you that you didn’t pass the interview? I did my interview two weeks ago and currently waiting for a response. Kinda nervous I might’ve bombed it 

On 8/9/2022 at 3:32 PM, Harry5675 said:

Greetings people, I applied for metro north assistant conductor position. I got a call for the exam and also passed it and got cleared for background check but my interview went bad and they rejected me at the last step after the interview. Anybody have tips and suggestions for how to make an impact and passed the interview it will be great deal to me  
so that next time if I get call back and go through the process again I don’t get stopped at the last step. Any piece of information would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Quick question, did they email you back informing you that you didn’t do well on the interview part? I just did my interview a week ago and haven’t heard anything yet. kinda nervous. Also how long did it take for them to contact you back? 

5 hours ago, AFM said:

Hey quick question, did they email you to inform you that you didn’t pass the interview? I did my interview two weeks ago and currently waiting for a response. Kinda nervous I might’ve bombed it 

I am in the same boat lol. Had it july 10th, have emailed HR twice but no response. I felt like I answered with safety and customer service in mind.

On 7/22/2023 at 11:00 AM, Jalonzo203 said:

I am in the same boat lol. Had it july 10th, have emailed HR twice but no response. I felt like I answered with safety and customer service in mind.

Hey do you email for hr ?

Edited by Immortal11

The hiring process is bogus and it’s like once you question HR about the status of your interview you receive a rejection email. I emailed HR two days ago and didn’t receive a response, so I then messaged the lady who set up the email and she told me she’ll let them know I’m waiting for a response. 6 mins after that I get a rejection email lol how ironic.