MNRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

Lawrence St

3 minutes ago, 2ride said:

That’s a lie man! I never PMed you. I PMed someone else about the process. Take a chill pill, you seem to have spent too much time on this forum confusing yourself with everything now. Also, you don’t need to caps lock your thoughts. Everyone here is supportive and searching for answers aggressively on how to board on the company. Your misinterpretation of things is making it worse.

check your inbox from a few months ago....Your one to talk about supportive...Your shitting on the hiring practices, yet want a job. Make it make sense.....

2 minutes ago, Altezza said:

check your inbox from a few months ago....Your one to talk about supportive...Your shitting on the hiring practices, yet want a job. Make it make sense.....

You’re a liar. If you’re an MTA employee, that’s even worse because you’re treating people like shit now. 

Edited by 2ride

13 minutes ago, Altezza said:

Dunno what implications you’re making, but I haven’t seen or thought of you posting on here for months and all of a sudden you’re coming on here just to claim that you feel annoyed by random posts that were never addressed towards you? Also, instead of being hostile about me and Lawrence’s situations, what you could’ve done was calm us down, answer our inquiries, and try to understand the issues. Did you do that? All I see is you coming to look for a man-child level argument on a job forum. For a conductor yourself, I think you should know better than that. 

12 minutes ago, 2ride said:

Dunno what implications you’re making, but I haven’t seen or thought of you posting on here for months and all of a sudden you’re coming on here just to claim that you feel annoyed by random posts that were never addressed towards you? Also, instead of being hostile about me and Lawrence’s situations, what you could’ve done was calm us down, answer our inquiries, and try to understand the issues. Did you do that? All I see is you coming to look for a man-child level argument on a job forum. For a conductor yourself, I think you should know better than that. 

who said im a conductor, I went thru the hiring process.... not arguing just stating facts. I am helping you, you just want to be coddled instead of looking at your predicament from a rational pair of eyes. hundred of candidates, averaged scores based on exams and interviews, you were not competitive enough. work on your next attempt instead of complaining online about the HR process. 

10 minutes ago, Altezza said:

who said im a conductor, I went thru the hiring process.... not arguing just stating facts. I am helping you, you just want to be coddled instead of looking at your predicament from a rational pair of eyes. hundred of candidates, averaged scores based on exams and interviews, you were not competitive enough. work on your next attempt instead of complaining online about the HR process. 

Yes, I was humble about it in the LIRR thread. I’m definitely upset and disappointed, but I don’t have animosity towards the company except surprised that its hiring process consists of random things along with lack of responses/help. Mind I tell you I waited 4 weeks before I even got one question answered although I’ve tried reaching out to people like once or twice during that timeframe? It’s hectic, brutal. You clearly don’t understand people’s situations here and what they’re dealing with. If you looked into them better, this conversation wouldn’t have went out of its circle.

Edited by 2ride

6 minutes ago, 2ride said:

Yes, I was humble about it in the LIRR thread. I’m definitely upset and disappointed, but I don’t have animosity towards the company except surprised that its hiring process consists of random things along with lack of responses/help. Mind I tell you I waited 4 weeks before I even got one question answered although I’ve tried reaching out to people like once or twice during that timeframe? It’s hectic, brutal. You clearly don’t understand people’s situations here and what they’re dealing with. If you looked into them better, this conversation wouldn’t have went out of its circle.

I get it, but like I stated with Lawrence, its 20-30 people who just did interviews or 50-60 who got an s&d overview invitation or 100-300 who got a job orientation invitation ALL sending them emails with questions. Look at it from their pov, they cannot answer every email when 90 percent of the time the answer is in the invitation email they sent. People have a tendency to ask questions about things that are not relevant at that junction in the process. Now they have to siphon thru hundreds of irrelevant emails and people questions get lost in the sauce. 

In the end their focus goes to the candidates who got picked for interviews. And sometimes being chosen depends on who interviews you, for which I can agree is unfair but life is unfair. Just keep trying.

6 minutes ago, Altezza said:

I get it, but like I stated with Lawrence, its 20-30 people who just did interviews or 50-60 who got an s&d overview invitation or 100-300 who got a job orientation invitation ALL sending them emails with questions. Look at it from their pov, they cannot answer every email when 90 percent of the time the answer is in the invitation email they sent. People have a tendency to ask questions about things that are not relevant at that junction in the process. Now they have to siphon thru hundreds of irrelevant emails and people questions get lost in the sauce. 

In the end their focus goes to the candidates who got picked for interviews. And sometimes being chosen depends on who interviews you, for which I can agree is unfair but life is unfair. Just keep trying.

I’m scheduled for a cleaners interview at a later date with one of the RRs. Do you know what they’re looking for to hire somebody? I have tons of customer service and logistics experience on me with some manual labor, but idk if it’s enough to make the cut. I would be really happy if I got into metro north since its hiring process for conductors and engineers (especially for internals) seem to be a bit more fair than LIRR’s.

Edited by 2ride

12 minutes ago, 2ride said:

I’m scheduled for a cleaners interview at a later date with one of the RRs. Do you know what they’re looking for to hire somebody? I have tons of customer service and logistics experience on me with some manual labor, but idk if it’s enough to make the cut. I would be really happy if I got into metro north since its hiring process for conductors and engineers (especially for internals) seem to be a bit more fair than LIRR’s.

Elaborate as much as you can on your safety sensitive duties. Try to quantify your cash handling or reporting experience as well, include monetary or metric figures to any part of your job you did on a daily basis as well as any accomplishments.

Mention any significant customer service experiences you've had, good ones, bad ones and instances where you have had to adapt. Your reactions, the actions and results of those actions. 

These questions are not gonna seem relevant to the position but you will be near main line track and in yards as a cleaner and your ability to work with others is critical. You will be customer facing as well.

know the basics of metro north, the 5 main lines, major stations are a bonus, Equipment types, use the wikipedia page. 

Honestly do wish you and everyone else gets hired, just reacted in bad taste to your posts concerning the tests. Im old school I guess. 

Edited by Altezza

4 minutes ago, Altezza said:

Elaborate as much as you can on your safety sensitive duties. Try to quantify your cash handling or reporting experience as well, include monetary or metric figures to any part of your job you did on a daily basis as well as any accomplishments.

Mention any significant customer service experiences you've had, good ones, bad ones and instances where you have had to adapt. Your reactions, the actions and results of those actions. 

These questions are not gonna seem relevant to the position but you will be near main line track and in yards as a cleaner and your ability to work with others is critical. You will be customer facing as well.

know the basics of metro north, the 5 main lines, major stations are a bonus, Equipment types, use the wikipedia page. 

Honestly do wish you and everyone else gets hired, just reacted in bad taste to your posts concerning the tests. Im old school I guess. 

You already got in right? What’s your title/position?

• 2 weeks later...