C/R Exam # 6601 - OPA Question

Kellz77

I received my opa letter today. My appointment is in a few weeks. I waited so long to get called. Honestly didn't think I would. I scored a 92.5 list number in the 8000's  Can anyone give me some feedback or advice if you've gone through opa before. Thanks in advance 

On 1/30/2023 at 11:18 PM, Kellz77 said:

I received my opa letter today. My appointment is in a few weeks. I waited so long to get called. Honestly didn't think I would. I scored a 92.5 list number in the 8000's  Can anyone give me some feedback or advice if you've gone through opa before. Thanks in advance 

As per the guidelines, if you can please post in the relevant forum, which can be found here, it would be truly appreciated.

To answer your question from my perspective:

The Oral Proficiency Assessment (OPA) is split into two parts. For the first part, you will be in a classroom listening to a recording from a CD player, in which you will be asked to answer a few questions shortly after the recording. As previously suggested, if you close your eyes and pay careful attention to the recording, you should pass with no problem.

For the second part, you will be called into a room with a Train Service Supervisor (TSS) and someone else from the Examinations Unit. You will be shown a series of pictures and asked "What to do" if you were the Conductor at the time. Unless you are not 100% familiar and/or fluent with the English language, you should pass with no problem.

Good luck!!

• +Young+ changed the title to C/R Exam # 6601 - OPA Question
  • +Young+ locked this topic