Assistant Conductor Metro North

Brivera0529

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Brivera0529 said:

homework everyday. tests every other week sometimes 2 in one week for 4months 

Very cool man. You've been so much help, been searching for and wide for answers and nothing. Thanks a lot, just waiting for an interview now.

18 hours ago, Jalonzo203 said:

Very cool man. You've been so much help, been searching for and wide for answers and nothing. Thanks a lot, just waiting for an interview now.

no problem . when i went thru the process i was looking for answers too. never really found any but i always try to help when i can. You passed the test which is a really good sign. You got this 

42 minutes ago, 127Ridgefield said:

I recently applied to the recent posting. How long would it take for them to contact me and get the ball rolling ?? Also anyone from NJ in training???

honestly anywhere between 1-6 months. its a waiting game. But once you get your call to take the test the ball rolls

On 7/3/2023 at 7:11 PM, Brivera0529 said:

no problem . when i went thru the process i was looking for answers too. never really found any but i always try to help when i can. You passed the test which is a really good sign. You got this 

Have my interview this Monday 8am through zoom!

1 hour ago, Jalonzo203 said:

Have my interview this Monday 8am through zoom!

Letssssss go dude. You're really in there after you get thru that interview assuming you pass the physical test which is cake. I gave you most of what will be on that interview. Zoom interview is huge. takes some of the nerves off. Goodluck though man you got it. Know alittle about metro north and try to remember some instances of what you did at your old job or hell make them up if you have to 

On 3/31/2023 at 7:14 PM, Brivera0529 said:

i believe its 6 years till top pay once you begin. Also becoming conductor is mandatory promotion at 12 months. You gotta pass the test to become a conductor 

How does this work? I know 6 years is top rate but at 12 months you become a conductor, so shouldnt your pay change?

8 minutes ago, Jalonzo203 said:

How does this work? I know 6 years is top rate but at 12 months you become a conductor, so shouldnt your pay change?

bro go look up youtube videos and nail this interview. you will have benefits for life with double pension at retirement all while making 6 figures your whole career. if you really grinded you could make 6 figures first year dont worry about the pay rate NAIL THAT INTERVIEW

18 hours ago, Brivera0529 said:

bro go look up youtube videos and nail this interview. you will have benefits for life with double pension at retirement all while making 6 figures your whole career. if you really grinded you could make 6 figures first year dont worry about the pay rate NAIL THAT INTERVIEW

Not gonna lie im a bit anxious for it. Going to listen carefully to their questions.

On 7/6/2023 at 9:43 PM, Brivera0529 said:

What YouTube videos would you recommend to someone who’s planning on becoming an MTA conductor?

On 7/7/2023 at 3:46 PM, Jalonzo203 said:

Not gonna lie im a bit anxious for it. Going to listen carefully to their questions.

being anxious is normal. But the fact it was a zoom interview really helped. You really don't even have to look at them. Just look at like the corner of your screen or something i was looking at my recycle bin app lol. Practice in the mirror rehearse. Being prepared to answer the questions really helped me too

7 hours ago, TunnelVision22 said:

What YouTube videos would you recommend to someone who’s planning on becoming an MTA conductor?

I honestly just pit conductor interview questions into YouTube and watched like 5 of them. Gave me some strong answers for some questions. I saw about 5 of them but each was like 20 minutes a little long but helped for sure 

On 7/8/2023 at 10:41 PM, Brivera0529 said:

being anxious is normal. But the fact it was a zoom interview really helped. You really don't even have to look at them. Just look at like the corner of your screen or something i was looking at my recycle bin app lol. Practice in the mirror rehearse. Being prepared to answer the questions really helped me too

Just had my interview, only went about 30 min, she did tell me classes start august, id have a yes or no email this week. I think I answered questions well enough with safety and customer service in mind.

7 hours ago, Jalonzo203 said:

Just had my interview, only went about 30 min, she did tell me classes start august, id have a yes or no email this week. I think I answered questions well enough with safety and customer service in mind.

sounds good to me. How did you feel like the interview went?

8 minutes ago, Jalonzo203 said:

I think on 1 or 2 questions I could have gone a bit more in depth, i stressed safety though a lot, and I stressed customer service as well.

Is this whole thing randomized and all luck when it comes to selection or it’s based on credentials and education?? It seems like a game you need to play with them, and HR can do whatever the hell they want…

59 minutes ago, 2ride said:

Is this whole thing randomized and all luck when it comes to selection or it’s based on credentials and education?? It seems like a game you need to play with them, and HR can do whatever the hell they want…

you gotta wait a year after failing the test I believe. But when the application goes live thousands of people apply. You really gotta be on it. 4 classes per year with 14 students. Thats not alot of people per year so deff gotta be on it

26 minutes ago, Brivera0529 said:

you gotta wait a year after failing the test I believe. But when the application goes live thousands of people apply. You really gotta be on it. 4 classes per year with 14 students. Thats not alot of people per year so deff gotta be on it

I passed the test, but didn’t get the offer after the interview. The question is if I could reapply this year.

Edited by 2ride