Jump to content

B/O 4607, 4608, 4609 & 4610 (TA)


+Young+

Recommended Posts

As per the Exam Schedule webpage, as of this typing, Friday, June 9th, 2023, this is going to be another master thread for the four [4] TA exams that will be open for filing between September and December of 2023. Note that you can apply for all four [4] exams, however you cannot apply more than once, respectively.

The application period, as of this typing, is as follows:

Exam 4607 - September 1st through September 30th, 2023

Exam 4608 - October 1st through October 31st, 2023

Exam 4609 - November 1st through November 30th, 2023

Exam 4610 - December 1st through December 31st, 2023

While we wait for the Notice of Examination (NOE) to be published later this year, click here to view the latest NOE. Just note that page five comes after page eight of the PDF document.

If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement. If you would like and/or need more information into obtaining your Commercial Driver's License (CDL), click here.

Happy Posting!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • +Young+ changed the title to B/O 4607, 4608, 4609 & 4610 (TA)
  • +Young+ pinned this topic

My apologies for "bumping" this thread, however, the filing period is officially open for the next round of TA Bus Operator Exams! If anyone wishes to submit an application, click here and scroll down to where it says "Apply Now." If anyone needs to read the Notice of Examination, which is highly recommended before submitting an application, click here.

Good luck!! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...

Hi, New to the forum! Apologies if this isn't the right place to ask this: I took exam 4610 on March 11th. Is it too soon to hear back yet? And if it is too soon, when should I expect to hear something?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, geezy said:

Hi, New to the forum! Apologies if this isn't the right place to ask this: I took exam 4610 on March 11th. Is it too soon to hear back yet? And if it is too soon, when should I expect to hear something?

First of all, welcome to the Forums! Please do not apologize, since, from my perspective, no question is ever a dumb question!

To answer your question, it is definitely too soon to hear back. Providing you utilized your "Candidate's Record of Answers," the proposed answer key will eventually be published on this webpage, in which you can initially find out how you did. Providing you passed the exam with a 70% or better, it takes anywhere from 6 to 12 months, maybe longer, to put together the Civil Service List. Obviously, if you got a 100% on the exam, your name will be towards the top of the list, and if you got a 70% or slightly above, your name will be towards the bottom. Although the agency will mail you your official score and list number, if you're anxious to find out this information as soon as the list is published, I would encourage you to type your last name into the search box of this website. Just keep in mind that, since Exams 4607, 4608 and 4609 were administered before Exam 4610, those lists will be established first before the list for Exam 4610, respectively.

Once the list is published, and you receive your list number, then you will have a better idea of when you will hear back regarding a job offer, depending on how quickly they move through the lists. Just keep in mind that the Civil Service List is normally active for four [4] years. I say "normally" because sometimes, the agency does not hire off of the list as soon as it is published, and sometimes they extend the list by a year or two depending on the circumstances.

Again, welcome to the Forums!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone.

My name is Mike from SI.. 

I took exam 4607 back in November 2023. On March 1st I got a preliminary email about my exam anticipated on beginning the process over the next few months.. Does that mean a list was established? All the email said is I passed, but no score or list#. Has anyone else got an email like that, and can say how long after that email they got the call to begin the process???

Thanks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MxP42 said:

Hey everyone.

My name is Mike from SI.. 

I took exam 4607 back in November 2023. On March 1st I got a preliminary email about my exam anticipated on beginning the process over the next few months. Does that mean a list was established? All the email said is I passed, but no score or list#. Has anyone else got an email like that, and can say how long after that email they got the call to begin the process???

Thanks 

First of all, welcome to the Forums!

Second, although I did not take Exam 4607 back in November, as of this typing, it is safe to say that the list has not been established. The good news is that, if you check the Active Civil Service List webpage periodically, which you can do by either typing your last name or the exam number into the search box, they update the webpage with your scores and list numbers before they even mail you your official results. In regards to how long it will take to begin the process, it depends on your list number, which is based on how well you did on the examination, and how fast they move through the list, depending on the hiring needs of the agency.

Offhand, as per the bottom of page 6 of the Notice of Examination, if you do not have your Commercial Driver License (CDL), do you have your Commercial Learner Permit (CLP)? If you do not have your Commercial Learner Permit (CLP), have you considered checking out cristcdl.com to help you study for your CLP? Just remember that the multiple choice examinations that you need to take and pass, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes, and Passenger Endorsement. I would also recommend reading this PDF document as well.

Good luck! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, MxP42 said:

I got my pre-employment process email today.. exam 4607.. anyone else get same.. Weird though as it asked for list#.. Still no score or list# established.

Although I did not take Exam # 4607, I find this "interesting" because, according to the Civil Service List (Active) webpage, as of this typing, I can verify that the list has not been established!!

This sounds very "weird," however that's just me...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Exam 4607 B/O here. I just received the email with the employment packet for Day 1 and they scheduled a date to process later this May. I just signed a seasonal contract for another job to start at the same time in May. How long is the processing time for MTA until they ask you to leave your previous job from this point? Weeks/months/year?

What are the odds of rescheduling the processing days and still getting a call back? Will they determine that I don't want the job and remove me from the list or will they contact me again in the future when the next training class is ready? 

Also, to keep it in one post. What are the odds of getting a depot in Staten Island right out of training? Not for nothing commuting from SI to the Bronx seems like road therapy for no reason for a newbie. 

 

Thanks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/11/2024 at 6:42 PM, msrwins said:

Exam 4607 B/O here. I just received the email with the employment packet for Day 1 and they scheduled a date to process later this May. I just signed a seasonal contract for another job to start at the same time in May. How long is the processing time for MTA until they ask you to leave your previous job from this point? Weeks/months/year?

What are the odds of rescheduling the processing days and still getting a call back? Will they determine that I don't want the job and remove me from the list or will they contact me again in the future when the next training class is ready? 

Also, to keep it in one post. What are the odds of getting a depot in Staten Island right out of training? Not for nothing commuting from SI to the Bronx seems like road therapy for no reason for a newbie. 

 

Thanks. 

Start the new job if you need the money. the whole process takes 5 or 6 weeks. May 30 - June 30 (includes medical/fingerprint processing, employment applications IDs) each done on a different day within a month span. if you pass the medical, have all IDS AND money order. then they put you in a class in july starts on  sunday training is 7-10 days. if you pass the mta road test then you good to go with your bus driving career.

if you decline this offer they may call you again in 6 months. thats all i can remember. good luck

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got an email yesterday, for medical and final process for exam 4607.. I did the pre-employment process part 1 on 5/17 and on 5/22 got the email for last part.. I'm being considered for the June 2nd class...

Still no list/score established. So this is Provisional hiring... I wonder why there in a rush. Everyone I spoke to said they never heard of TA hiring like that.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/23/2024 at 10:36 AM, MxP42 said:

 

Still no list/score established. So this is Provisional hiring... I wonder why there in a rush. Everyone I spoke to said they never heard of TA hiring like that.. 

Because employee availability never really recovered since COVID. Also, hiring more operators helps them with their overtime cuts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/11/2024 at 6:42 PM, msrwins said:

Also, to keep it in one post. What  are the odds of getting a depot in Staten Island right out of training? Not for nothing commuting from SI to the Bronx seems like road therapy for no reason for a newbie. 

 

Thanks. 

It’s possible to go to SI off jump. If not, it won’t take long. A couple months, if that. I know operators with 2-3 months on, already out here. On your first day at Zerega, you will fill out a transfer request form to be moved to Staten Island. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hey ya’ll. I’m currently an OA operator with 6 months on the job (still on probation). I took exam 4607 (I took both OA & TA exams 2 months apart from eachother… I had taken OA first not knowing TA was coming out with a test). So I’m in a bit of a pickle here. So previously, I was informed to start OA and whenever TA calls just to “transfer” over. I was informed my OA probation time would carry with me to TA whenever they called me if I was still a probie at the time by a few operators in the mta already . However, when TA called me for pre-processing two weeks ago, one of the employees at the window informed me everything starts over (my probation time does not carry). I called Zerega later that day and they informed me that my probie time does carry over …so I wanted to know if someone here has any info or experience with that. Hopefully I’m in the right chat. And thank you in advance for any help and direction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/4/2024 at 9:51 PM, Frenchie said:

Okay thank you for the response and info. Really appreciate it.

Actually one more question. So I see that these positions for B/O say “provisional”. What’s the thing about provisional operators? And is there anyway to become permanent?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2024 at 11:07 AM, Frenchie said:

Actually one more question. So I see that these positions for B/O say “provisional”. What’s the thing about provisional operators? And is there anyway to become permanent?

On 6/20/2024 at 7:42 PM, BusOperator0913 said:

Good evening everyone, I went to 149 to take my first drug test for 4608. I'm not understanding what's going on here regarding these tests and the lists. Shouldn't they be using 4607 first before calling off or 4608?

One of the things which I have noticed is that the results from these Civil Service exams have not been posted on this webpage. In addition, I have been informed, from an anonymous source, that the Human Resources Department of NYC Transit is taking over the hiring process to a greater extent or degree.

Furthermore, with the fact that there is a nationwide shortage of drivers in this country who hold a CDL (Commercial Driver License), all I have to say is "Take an educated guess and go with it."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, +Young+ said:

One of the things which I have noticed is that the results from these Civil Service exams have not been posted on this webpage. In addition, I have been informed, from an anonymous source, that the Human Resources Department of NYC Transit is taking over the hiring process to a greater extent or degree.

Furthermore, with the fact that there is a nationwide shortage of drivers in this country who hold a CDL (Commercial Driver License), all I have to say is "Take an educated guess and go with it."

With the way they're working now, that sounds like a terrible choice. They're too overworked and overwhelmed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, BusOperator0913 said:

With the way they're working now, that sounds like a terrible choice. They're too overworked and overwhelmed.

Tell me about it...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Tell me about it...

Lol listen I took the test for MTA in November. Did a drug test. Never got a call for medical. I went to the hiring event in April and also did a drug test. Still waiting for medical. I've been trying every method of getting into MTA again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, BusOperator0913 said:

Lol listen I took the test for MTA in November. Did a drug test. Never got a call for medical. I went to the hiring event in April and also did a drug test. Still waiting for medical. I've been trying every method of getting into MTA again

Out of curiosity, have you considered complaining about this? If so, send me a Private Message (PM) and we'll take it from there.

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.