B/O 4607, 4608, 4609 & 4610 (TA)

+Young+

As per the Exam Schedule webpage, as of this typing, Friday, June 9th, 2023, this is going to be another master thread for the four [4] TA exams that will be open for filing between September and December of 2023. Note that you can apply for all four [4] exams, however you cannot apply more than once, respectively.

The application period, as of this typing, is as follows:

Exam 4607 - September 1st through September 30th, 2023

Exam 4608 - October 1st through October 31st, 2023

Exam 4609 - November 1st through November 30th, 2023

Exam 4610 - December 1st through December 31st, 2023

While we wait for the Notice of Examination (NOE) to be published later this year, click here to view the latest NOE. Just note that page five comes after page eight of the PDF document.

If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement. If you would like and/or need more information into obtaining your Commercial Driver's License (CDL), click here.

Happy Posting!!

• +Young+ changed the title to B/O 4607, 4608, 4609 & 4610 (TA)
  • +Young+ pinned this topic

My apologies for "bumping" this thread, however, the filing period is officially open for the next round of TA Bus Operator Exams! If anyone wishes to submit an application, click here and scroll down to where it says "Apply Now." If anyone needs to read the Notice of Examination, which is highly recommended before submitting an application, click here.

Good luck!! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

• 6 months later...

Hi, New to the forum! Apologies if this isn't the right place to ask this: I took exam 4610 on March 11th. Is it too soon to hear back yet? And if it is too soon, when should I expect to hear something?

13 hours ago, geezy said:

Hi, New to the forum! Apologies if this isn't the right place to ask this: I took exam 4610 on March 11th. Is it too soon to hear back yet? And if it is too soon, when should I expect to hear something?

First of all, welcome to the Forums! Please do not apologize, since, from my perspective, no question is ever a dumb question!

To answer your question, it is definitely too soon to hear back. Providing you utilized your "Candidate's Record of Answers," the proposed answer key will eventually be published on this webpage, in which you can initially find out how you did. Providing you passed the exam with a 70% or better, it takes anywhere from 6 to 12 months, maybe longer, to put together the Civil Service List. Obviously, if you got a 100% on the exam, your name will be towards the top of the list, and if you got a 70% or slightly above, your name will be towards the bottom. Although the agency will mail you your official score and list number, if you're anxious to find out this information as soon as the list is published, I would encourage you to type your last name into the search box of this website. Just keep in mind that, since Exams 4607, 4608 and 4609 were administered before Exam 4610, those lists will be established first before the list for Exam 4610, respectively.

Once the list is published, and you receive your list number, then you will have a better idea of when you will hear back regarding a job offer, depending on how quickly they move through the lists. Just keep in mind that the Civil Service List is normally active for four [4] years. I say "normally" because sometimes, the agency does not hire off of the list as soon as it is published, and sometimes they extend the list by a year or two depending on the circumstances.

Again, welcome to the Forums!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone.

My name is Mike from SI.. 

I took exam 4607 back in November 2023. On March 1st I got a preliminary email about my exam anticipated on beginning the process over the next few months.. Does that mean a list was established? All the email said is I passed, but no score or list#. Has anyone else got an email like that, and can say how long after that email they got the call to begin the process???

Thanks 

3 hours ago, MxP42 said:

Hey everyone.

My name is Mike from SI.. 

I took exam 4607 back in November 2023. On March 1st I got a preliminary email about my exam anticipated on beginning the process over the next few months. Does that mean a list was established? All the email said is I passed, but no score or list#. Has anyone else got an email like that, and can say how long after that email they got the call to begin the process???

Thanks 

First of all, welcome to the Forums!

Second, although I did not take Exam 4607 back in November, as of this typing, it is safe to say that the list has not been established. The good news is that, if you check the Active Civil Service List webpage periodically, which you can do by either typing your last name or the exam number into the search box, they update the webpage with your scores and list numbers before they even mail you your official results. In regards to how long it will take to begin the process, it depends on your list number, which is based on how well you did on the examination, and how fast they move through the list, depending on the hiring needs of the agency.

Offhand, as per the bottom of page 6 of the Notice of Examination, if you do not have your Commercial Driver License (CDL), do you have your Commercial Learner Permit (CLP)? If you do not have your Commercial Learner Permit (CLP), have you considered checking out cristcdl.com to help you study for your CLP? Just remember that the multiple choice examinations that you need to take and pass, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes, and Passenger Endorsement. I would also recommend reading this PDF document as well.

Good luck! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.