The B17 Bus: Thoughts/Ideas

Nitro

The B17 is one of the most unusual bus routes in Brooklyn aside from the B7. It has two branches that run to the Canarsie Rockaway Parkway Terminal (L) via Glenwood Road & the East 80th Street branch to Paerdegat Avenue North. What should to happen to them under this redesign? Should one of the branches be redesignated or should both be redesignated entirely?

I think the B60 should take over the East 80th Street branch since ridership east of Canarsie-Rockaway Parkway happens to be pretty low, although the Paerdegat branch most likely would have low ridership as well. It depends on how many people from the Paerdegat Branch ride the(B17) north of Rockaway Parkway Station

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/26/2023 at 6:31 AM, Ex696 said:

I think the B60 should take over the East 80th Street branch since ridership east of Canarsie-Rockaway Parkway happens to be pretty low, although the Paerdegat branch most likely would have low ridership as well. It depends on how many people from the Paerdegat Branch ride the(B17) north of Rockaway Parkway Station

On 8/26/2023 at 7:18 AM, Q43LTD said:

In the redesign, the 17's E 80 St branch becomes a proposed B76. It will start at Broadway Junction though.

This.  So its kinda like the (B60) will be taking over the E.80th Branch...

Speaking of the redesign, I thought the (B17)would have taken over the (B15) northern portion.  Of course with a slight diversion to serve the Utica Ave (3)/(4) station....

Edited by SubBus