Bus operator

Posted (edited)

Greetings all. I am writing in regards of a few things 

I recently received two emails stating I was considered but not selected for bus operator as per rule 4.7.1 (c). What could this mean. I did in fact get called for both exams but declined the offers as I was already employed with transit as an electrical helper. Then I resigned on 4/23 and a few months after I restored my name on the bus list and was called 2 months later  for drug testing then recently I got a letter stating I was not selected as per rule 4.7.1 (c).

2. I resigned as a transit electrical helper on 4/23 after 2 years. After 7 months I went back to fill out a reinstatement request form and still waiting. Now during that time I was sent to labor relations for a situation that had occurred but never filled out any disciplinary forms. Never signed even step 1. Just did a G2 and went on back to work almost 2 weeks later. About 2 weeks after I went back in I resigned due to personal reasons. I Just wanted to know what are my chances of my reinstatement being approved. Also I did call out sick between 3-5 times in the 2 years I was employed. Specifically more the 2nd year. But in those 2 years it could not have been over 5 times. 

3. I took two exams for bus Maintaner helper group B. This is a fast track exam and I took a drug test already a month ago. Could they deny employment due to the fact I was at labor relations  and did not sign any disciplinary paperwork just a G2. 

4. I’ve taking about 5 and soon about to be 6 drug test for different exams for transit within the last 3 months and haven’t Been getting any responses. My question for this is do they look at my previous record for transit whether clean or not before I take the drug test or do they allow me to take the drug test and then run my background. I would assume that if they let me take the drug test then they have already saw everything I have on file for mta and etc…

2 exams I was not selected for was bus operator exam 9618 and 9604. Took drug test

took drug test for bus Maintaner helper group be 4620 and will be taking drug test for bus Maintaner helper group B exam 4626 soon

also took bus operator drug test for exam 4113 I believe. 

any info would be great. I’m pretty much stuck in the shadows. Went to HR but they take a while to respond. 

thanks 

Edited by +Young+
Shorten post and shorten webpage

Posted (edited)
On 3/6/2024 at 1:15 PM, Ruddy said:

Greetings all. I am writing in regards of a few things 

I recently received two emails stating I was considered but not selected for bus operator as per rule 4.7.1 (c). What could this mean. I did in fact get called for both exams but declined the offers as I was already employed with transit as an electrical helper. Then I resigned on 4/23 and a few months after I restored my name on the bus list and was called 2 months later  for drug testing then recently I got a letter stating I was not selected as per rule 4.7.1 (c).

First of all, welcome to the Forums!

Second, to make a long story very short, the Human Resources (HR) Department only offers a one-time employment with the agency throughout your lifetime and that's it.

As another example, in February of 2014, I failed their 10-Day Bus Operator (B/O) Training session. When I got called for another open-competitive position off of another open-competitive civil service list, and I put down the fact that I failed their 10-Day B/O Training session, they also used rule 4.7.1 (c) against me, which is commonly known as the "1-in-3" rule. Finally, after waiting a little over five [5] calendar years to try again for the same title, they also used rule 4.7.1 (c) against me as well, which is the famous "1-in-3" rule.

Sorry to break the bad news. My advice: Just move on with life, that's all.

Edited by +Young+

Thanks for the info. 

so your saying that there will be no possibility of getting hired for other exams that I’ve taken for transit that doesn’t involve bus operator?  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2024 at 8:09 AM, Ruddy said:

Thanks for the info. 

so your saying that there will be no possibility of getting hired for other exams that I’ve taken for transit that doesn’t involve bus operator?  

Based on what I have been through, correct. It is unfortunate; however, it is what it is...