Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Y2Julio

Question regarding seniority in pay

I had a question. Does the MTA have a second pay grade for current city employees? I know for lots of the city agencies, if I were to go from say NYC Dept of Education to say NYC DCAS, I would get a higher starting salary if I've been working for the city for more than two years.

I had a question. Does the MTA have a second pay grade for current city employees? I know for lots of the city agencies, if I were to go from say NYC Dept of Education to say NYC DCAS, I would get a higher starting salary if I've been working for the city for more than two years.

NO. The MTA isn't a city agency they don't even accept years of service from any other agencies.

If you had say 5 years as a sanitation worker and then became a cop you would only have to work 15 years as a cop to retire with full pension. They accept the time from the other agency. The MTA does not. Even if you go from TA to LIRR both MTA the time served doesn't count towards retirement.

Man, working for the city has spoiled me with the benefits I get lol

Very true,which is why most people go into civil service jobs in the first place. Benefits/pension,job security.