New Year's Eve changes.

metsfan

NJ transit has added trains to enable people to leave from new york all night long. Any of you familiar to NJ transit's operations will know that this is very unusual. So, if you're not celebrating new year's eve, get out there & get those trains on video!

http://www.njtransit.com/sa/sa_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=ServiceAdjustmentTo&AdjustmentId=5407

- A

that should be interesting...

the NEC,M&E and NJCL should have over night service every weekend

I completely agree! I wanna be able to ride the train to/from 24 hours a day, much more convenient!

- A

I completely agree! I wanna be able to ride the train to/from 24 hours a day, much more convenient!

- A

At least the Northeast coordior should have 90 minute-2 hour headways overnights; ditto for Metro North's New Haven(at least to Stamford) Harlem(to North White Plains)and Hudson(Croton-Harmon)

I got a photo of the departure board around 2:30 am. I've never seen septa and nj transit trains all night like that, it was really very interesting and cool. I happened to get on an unscheduled extra that got in 10 minutes early (which isn't usual). It was packed to the rafters, and took FOREVER to get to newark penn. After that we hit 80 a few times (which is full allowable speed for the EMU).

I didnt get many photos, like 12. It's really a "you have to be there" kinda event.

- A

Archived