Question about 1993 JFK Orion Vs

Q25toJamaica

As you may know, the 1993 Orion Vs (100 series) at JFK Bus Depot had black backs with "(MTA) Bus" in blue on top of the AC vent and the number next to it before whitebacked. There are still buses like that left, but I never see them in service anymore. They also had a gap in the stripe on the sides for (MTA) Bus. Are these buses just avoiding me or are they not going in service for some reason? Because I see the whitebacked 1993 Orion Vs on JFK routes often but not the blackbacked ones as described above-not NYCT style where the lettering is white and ON the AC cover. However, I do see them in the back of the depot a lot.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11a Safari/525.20)

Go on the Q60 you'll find the 100 series Orion 5s there

The Q60 has basically everything JFK Depot has to offer

Isn't 104 one of them.

Well it was at JFK before, I dont know, is it whitebacked?

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 3.4; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Didn't NYC Bus give MTA Bus some 100's?

Yeah

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11a Safari/525.20)

Go on the Q60 you'll find the 100 series Orion 5s there

The Q60 has basically everything JFK Depot has to offer

I've been doing a lot of JFK routes including the 60, I do see these 100 series, but Im not seeing the blackbacked ones as I described above.

Well it was at JFK before, I dont know, is it whitebacked?

Yeah

I've been doing a lot of JFK routes including the 60, I do see these 100 series, but Im not seeing the blackbacked ones as I described above.

#121 on the Q60 is black backed, i get that bus a lot

i remember when i first rode that bus it still had the staten island bus map and depot stickers on it lol

The 1993 Orion V buses that JFK should have with the black back are:

109 116 121 123 125 138 139 144 154 and 158. They are still lurking around but the question is for how long. Right now, the MTA's main objective is to get every single bus with an all white back. Now, WHY they want every bus with the all white back beats me but the way I look at it, it's probably a money saver. Nowadays, anything will be done to save some bucks. And this is it. IMO, the white back is fine by me but the blue stripe should be left on it. They're far too dull looking now.

The MTA is not about differentiation or a fashion show. As long as they are uniform and are ready to provide service to the paying customer, they could care less. It's all about the statistics.

I was just saying if I had a say on the way the back should look. :cool:

Archived