Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Pablo M 201

New Jitney Competition on Kennedy Blvd in Jersey City

New jitneys in town and they're not running on the section of Kennedy Blvd you would imagine. Red & Tan in Hudson County Route #10 now has competition as a new service is in town starting from 5th Street in Bayonne to the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York City. It runs the same exact route as the 10 via Kennedy Blvd (except that the terminus in Bayonne is a difference of two blocks since the 10 terminates at 3rd Street). The jitney runs along Central Avenue just as the 10 does. I didn't get the name of the company running it. I first saw them today when one of the few out there running stopped where I was, but because I have a monthly NJT bus pass I refused their service.

As much as I despise R&T, I rather ride them than a jitney. I hope the jitney company running the service do fail. Sadly, they seem legit....

New jitneys in town and they're not running on the section of Kennedy Blvd you would imagine. Red & Tan in Hudson County Route #10 now has competition as a new service is in town starting from 5th Street in Bayonne to the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York City. It runs the same exact route as the 10 via Kennedy Blvd (except that the terminus in Bayonne is a difference of two blocks since the 10 terminates at 3rd Street). The jitney runs along Central Avenue just as the 10 does. I didn't get the name of the company running it. I first saw them today when one of the few out there running stopped where I was, but because I have a monthly NJT bus pass I refused their service.

As much as I despise R&T, I rather ride them than a jitney. I hope the jitney company running the service do fail. Sadly, they seem legit....

BEST ADVICE: Do NOT take the Jitneys, not only are they bad, but those drivers are just plain stupid in letting people get on or off outside of bus stops, it's against the law.