MTA Cleaners exam

JRams16

Does the MTA still give the cleaners exam ? I have been looking for it on the DCAS website and also tried searching for recent ones and I havnt found any at all. I would like some info on this thanks in advance ! = D

What Dave said is true. Almost all of demoted employees are made into cleaners these days. You used to be able to go back to your former title or property protection or even car cleaner, but now it's mostly straight to station cleaner.

Are cleaners assigned a certain station for the day or they have to hit X Y and Z in a day?

There are 2 different kinds of cleaners that work for different departments. The kind you're talking about are station cleaners and most stations used to have 2 per but these days most stations have 1 and they must do at least 3 stations a day. Thats why the stations are so dirty and have overflowing garbage cans.

Would the three stations be relatively close together, or spread out? i.e. 14th -> 23rd -> 34th all on the 8 avenue line as opposed to say 14/8 42/gct & south ferry.

I don't know how that works. All I know is that you have 1 person doing the work of 6.

That's why they make a big deal about the "improvements" with the line general manager program on the L and 7 lines. They hired an army of cleaners on those lines many many more than on all of the other lines so of course the lines will be cleaner it has nothing to do with the extra 2 layers of high paid useless management. At canarsie on the L they had to build a new locker room for the cleaners because there are so many of them now.

Archived