Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Cangri314

How many buses did LIB order?

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Hi I just had a quick question ... How many of the new buses, the Orion VII CNG think they called, did LIB order???

I'm asking this cuz on the past month I've only seen like 3 of them N16, N49, N15. But this week I saw a couple of more N6, N35, N41 n also saw bout 4 of them at the same time on the Hempstead terminal on my way to skoo. Sry is this question has been asked b4!

60 were ordered, there was an option for an additional 40, I don't think they've been ordered yet since the MTA said they were going to wait until the first 60 arrived. That however was from the feb committee meeting.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

thnx alot, but I just got 1 more question. Are the 08/09 Orion VII CNG exclusively for LIB? Cuz I see from the website u gave me that the MTA Bus and NYC bus have a different type of 08/09 Orion VIIs.

Edited by Cangri314

thnx alot, but I just got 1 more question. Are the 08/09 Orion VII CNG exclusively for LIB? Cuz I see from the website u gave me that the MTA Bus and NYC bus have a different type of 08/09 Orion VIIs.

Yes. The VII NGs for LIB are CNGs while the NGs for NYC Bus and MTA Bus are the hybrid model.

Yes. The VII NGs for LIB are CNGs while the NGs for NYC Bus and MTA Bus are the hybrid model.

Of those 100, about 30 are in. The gap in the renumbering from 1699 to 1800 was specifically because of that.

Oo ok thnx, but what does CNG mean n what's the difference between the two models? LOL sry if I'm asking to many questions it's just that I'm new at this LOL

800px-LIB_Orion_1700.jpg

CNG Buses uses Compressed Natural Gas as their source of fuel. They are known for the "hump" they carry on the buses. They are notably loud, and make a sort of hissing sound when nearly stopped.

NYCT_Orion_3800.JPG

The Hybrid buses use eletricity to power the buses. (Via the batteries they carry on the buses as well) They are quieter and somewhat move faster than CNGS.

The TTMG Wiki page that I linked you to can help you compare dimesnions, etc.