Student Loan Question on T/O Exam

justme

Hi, Everyone (or should I just say "toot-toot/choo-choo!"),

What's with that student loan question for the T/O Exam application??

It's a required question, and I suppose it must be answered truthfully, but what the heck would they want to know a thing like that for??

Does it affect one's chances either way, does one's repayment status mean anything, really??

I'm in default on my student loans (not sure if it's Federal or State [or both!] that I'm in default on) and I don't want to pay a $60 application fee only to be turned down on account of my loan non-repayment status!

Also, seeing how it's the last day of the filing period, should I even bother?? I mean, I understand there are already thousands who have filed before me...surely at some point it's not worth filing (say, last second of the cut-off day?)?

Just wonderin' -- TIA!

Section 50-b of the New York State Civil Service Law requires that all applicants for Civil Service examinations be asked the question. Since T/O is a Civil Service question, you must answer it. If you want to know why, look up the NYS Civil Service law and check section 50-b.

If I was you I would file for the test. What I tell people is it takes a few years to get called and you don't know what your situation will be at that time. Maybe you may be unemployed or hate the job that you have and love now.

Thanks, fellas,

But I was wondering what effect the answer to the question would have...I mean, what's the point of filing if I'm penalized for 1) being in default and/or 2) filing at the last moment -- with thousands already ahead of me?

So it all depends on what effect factors 1 and 2 could have...so would it be a likely loss, given my situation...would I have a good chance of even being called up (assuming a 100% score) given those conditions...thanks again.....:tup:

Thanks, fellas,

But I was wondering what effect the answer to the question would have...I mean, what's the point of filing if I'm penalized for 1) being in default and/or 2) filing at the last moment -- with thousands already ahead of me?

So it all depends on what effect factors 1 and 2 could have...so would it be a likely loss, given my situation...would I have a good chance of even being called up (assuming a 100% score) given those conditions...thanks again.....:tup:

Like Jah said go ahead and file,worry about that other stuff later on. You are never going to make any shots that you don't take. Good luck!

Archived