Is it just me or...?

Rutgers Tube

The new Yankees Stadium, as expected, is gorgeous. Especially considering how fast up the thing flew. I'm interested to see what kind of corners were cut though, and how long it'll be before toilet valve handles break off and seats start grabbing pants pockets. Still, it's a beautiful stadium.

Bailout Ballfield, however, looks like half of the other major league ball fields when I watch the games at home. That brick back stop in particular reminds me of the phrase "cookie cutter design." Am I the only one who has noticed this?

By the way, what in the wide world of sports is with the limited views from certain seats in the new field? I found a decent article on that, and then realized that the same architects have been designing fields all over the country now, which would explain all of the similarities.

http://neverforget69.metsblog.com/blog/_archives/2009/4/1/4140276.html

By the way, what in the wide world of sports is with the limited views from certain seats in the new field? I found a decent article on that, and then realized that the same architects have been designing fields all over the country now, which would explain all of the similarities.

http://neverforget69.metsblog.com/blog/_archives/2009/4/1/4140276.html

Retro design in stadiums. Designers want to recapture the majesty of ballparks like Fenway, Wrigley, or the pre-renovation Yankee Stadium. "Obstructed seats" are a part of that. Heck, even the New Yankee Stadium has them, in the bleachers.

You mean the home of the home run stadium!!! 20 in 4 games?? what is up with that?? Looks like they need to get some new designers!!

Ha! I was just commenting on that, which is funny considering that the new stadium has the exact same dimensions as the old one. Must be all the excitement of playing in a new park!

Excellent article, 7. I wanted to thank you, but that icon was missing from my screen. That's a hot find!

The "thank you" button is only available for (MTA) staff or forum staff. But you're welcome anyways.

I actually wouldn't have found that article if not for me checking the Yankees website every day since the start of the season.

Okay, I think you people exxagerating too much because the Yankees had not have good pitching for those games against the Indians, and look at last night, Andy Pettite pitched brilliantly, and he gave up 3 runs, and no home runs. Today, we had mediocre pitching, and broadcasters already said, Oakland needs some pitching, and that's why we got a few home runs off of them. Yes, i tmight have something to do with the wind currents, but still people are exxagerating.

Okay, I think you people exxagerating too much because the Yankees had not have good pitching for those games against the Indians, and look at last night, Andy Pettite pitched brilliantly, and he gave up 3 runs, and no home runs. Today, we had mediocre pitching, and broadcasters already said, Oakland needs some pitching, and that's why we got a few home runs off of them. Yes, i tmight have something to do with the wind currents, but still people are exxagerating.

That doesn't say anything about the park though. If pitchers don't give up home runs, they don't give them up. That can happen in any park. But when batters hit fly balls, they really fly, something that didn't use to happen (much) in the Bronx. Even Texiera himself said that one of his homers didn't feel like he actually hit one.

Archived