Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
metsfan

NJCL wire problem?

"North Jersey Coast Line service is subject to delays of 10-15 minutes in both directions due to overhead wire and signal problems."

What's going on out there?

Also signal problems?

:confused:

- A

Wow! I'm guessing an ALP-44 snagged the wire on the PRR section.

Perhaps in the tunnel or on track a by Union.

- A

..its not always the PRR catenary's fault.

Apparently a car crashed into something at least thats the story I was told, not a trains fault.

..its not always the PRR catenary's fault.

Apparently a car crashed into something at least thats the story I was told, not a trains fault.

True. It's not even THAT bad, it's just old fashioned compared to what could be in use. Vehicle collisions can take out phone, internet, and power to whole neighborhoods, i can see if it took out a pole or a transformer box or something you'd lose power to a segment, the signal problems could be related to the power failure from the same incident.

I remember a LONG time ago a truck crashed into a :septa: transformer and trains were stuck for an hour on one line (R5 i think?) because the signals went down and a segment of wire went dead. Add to the mixture only 2 tracks & you have a problem. I forget when this happened exactly but i know it was before 1995, because 3 of my teachers were several hours late & they used :septa: to get to work from center city & west philly.

- A