RED Hook on the road

robb911

Hey guys,

Back again with a question....Since I've been trying to get my CDL ive looked up some schools....Some were suggested on here..such as red hook on the road in brooklyn......I meet all the requirements and such but I know they ask interview questions and such to determine if they want to let you in the school or not....I remember a post about it sometime ago...as a matter o f fact i think it was a thread i posted in...anyways...I just want to know if anybody knew what kinds of questions they ask so i can prepare myself...It'd really be nice to get into this school seeing as how i dont really have money for other schools out there...Thx in advance !!!

exactly, in order to keep being funded they have to keep their placement rates high.

I justed graduated from their program, I highly recomend them. If you are unemployed their Job recruiter is very connected, any type of CDL job you are interested in they have a contact for.

^^ congrats man!!....So what were the Interview questions like?.....And how would you describe the process of going there?
They just wanna make sure that your not going to use them for the cdl and get a job cleaning floors with the license in your pocket. The process is cool if you get accepted you have to take a drug test and your dot exam so you wont have any restrictions on your license. Then you go for class room training for a week which covers map reading, 5 hour class for insurance reduction,mock interviews and they bring in prospective hiring managers to talk to you about the job and the realities of certain fields. After that 10 days behind the wheel of a bus and your roadtest. They have a high passing rate only 2 out of 30 fail the road test.

I GOT IN!!!! woohoo....one step closer to my CDL...

Congrats I have to go downt their tuesday, when you finally get behind the wheel just dont get nervous and dont let the instructors throw you off your game. The outside inspection seems like alot but after day 3 it will be a piece of cake and the break test is nothing.

Congrats I have to go downt their tuesday, when you finally get behind the wheel just dont get nervous and dont let the instructors throw you off your game. The outside inspection seems like alot but after day 3 it will be a piece of cake and the break test is nothing.

Remember the word "ALSAPS"and you will breeze right through the pre trip brake inspection. Good luck Robb.

1.(A)ir leakage test,

2.(L)ow air pressure warning signal test

3.(S)pring brake test,

4.(A)ir compressor cut off test

5.(p)arking brake test.

6.(S)ervice brake test.

Archived