The High Line

AA 8th Avenue

Whoa, so they completed those plans!?? I always wanted to hike the old school high line, but I guess I can do it more comfortably now.

So is it just a city park? I wanna go this evening and get some of those views.

Nice photos!

& Wow! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

That is so cool that they left most of the tracks intact! :eek:!!!!

I am SO going there wednesday!!! :eek::cool:

- A

The New York Central High Line. I grew up with this in my neighborhood. To all of you who go to visit, keep in mind that you must enter at Gansevoort Street. The line is three sections long however, section 1 which is from gansevoort to 20th st is completed. Section 2 which is 20-30 sts is being worked on. Section 3 which goes around the West Side Yard is still in question. Since the related companies and the City along with the MTA are still working the planning of this area. My neighborhood since being rezoned is going through a huge transformation. The (7) line extension and all the new condos going up. The Copacabana being torn down. Well after all is said and done I hope that the whole High Line is preserved and that section 3 is not razed. Enjoy the line. and on a side not the line could hold upto 2 20 car trains at the same time. The Structure is completely sound and integrity was never an issue. The Problem was that it has to be decontaminated for asbestos. This was the only reason it was abandoned. The (7) could have gone up on this structure but most of the people who live around it did not want trains rumbling through buildings at all times of day and night. CSX donated the line to the city after the project was finalized. Any other questions visit thehighline.org .

Archived