R110A/B question

Dj Hammers

Recently all this activity with the R110As has got me interested in the R110A/Bs. Wondering what it was like to ride them, I searched everywhere for videos and sounds of them, but i couldn't find any. The only things I found where 3 sound clips of the R110Bs on Transit Sounds Millenium, but the quality is not very good, all you can hear is the announcements. Does anyone here know where I can find any sort of sound or video of the R110A/bs? (Online, youtube, vhs, dvd etc.)

Heh...in the cab of the BMT Green hornet, just underneath the seat :P

ah, the "foamer's holy grail" right up there with "the finished" 76 st, the bmt experimental fleet, and the IRT composites...nothing of it exists (anymore) you know...

Dj Hammers I've been looking for sound clips of these cars as well, but didn't find anything. :P It would be awsome if an railfan poped up on one of these transit message boards with videos of these awsome trains. It would be awsome if somebody took video of the R26-42 cars before the GOH, I always wondered if they sound diffent than after the GOH. Btw, can you post the link to the 110B automated annoucement?

Unfortunately, the files have been taken down about a year ago. The recordings are from 1999, (when they were running on the C) so the announcements are manual. By the way the doorbell sound is different. It is this high pitched diiiing diiing sound that is not a deep as the other NTTs.

Unfortanatly, the files have been taken down about a year ago. The recordings are from 1999 (manual announcements) By the way the doorbell sound is different. It is this high pitched diiiing diiing sound that is not a deep as the others.

The automated announcements for those cars were only made for the (A) line. Those announcements were used on the R160 when they were being tested on the (A) so check youtube.com and search R160 (A).

more info!

i did a little bit of google-ing and found the website the sounds were hosted on. (transit sounds millennium) Apparently transit sounds millennium was created by Robert Marrero. But as he moved his stuff over to his other server, he dropped the sounds and hosted them on zShare. Because nobody downloaded the file for 60 days, it was taken down. Maybe if somebody can contact Robert and ask him about the sounds, we can get some sounds of the R110B back online again, especially ones of the propulsion.

Archived