Culver Viaduct rehab

LRG

I don't know. All I'm saying is that it doesn't take away that route option permanently.

There are no north bound tracks from 4th Ave to Carroll Street. The South bound track will be removed very soon too. From the 4th Ave portol to the interlocking, there is no 3rd rail so a reroute can't be done.

ROTFLMAO X-D!!!

I don't know. All I'm saying is that it doesn't take away that route option permanently.

That's true.

There are no north bound tracks from 4th Ave to Carroll Street. The South bound track will be removed very soon too. From the 4th Ave portol to the interlocking, there is no 3rd rail so a reroute can't be done.

I can only wonder what will happen in the event of a stalled train (facepalm)....

I was talking about before the project started and after it is over.

I was talking about before the project started and after it is over.

The project has already started and the express track were out of service for several years between 4th Ave and Bergen Street and once the rehab is done, it is a different story all together.

Now the southbound express tracks have been pulled up between Fourth Avenue and Carroll Street. And the bumper block from that lower level storage track has been ripped up as well. The way it looks now is like the Hulk ripped it out and threw it onto the middle track leads, the funniest thing I've ever seen!

Also, does anyone know if the express tracks were ever used as storage, since there was no regular service?

Also, does anyone know if the express tracks were ever used as storage, since there was no regular service?

I was told by a guy who worked for infrastructure that the middle track was supposed to be used for the posted office facility that was located where the Lowes is today. From what I was told, it was never used for that but had been used for work trains and as a lay-up but it had not been used in years because it was not maintained.

I was told by a guy who worked for infrastructure that the middle track was supposed to be used for the posted office facility that was located where the Lowes is today. From what I was told, it was never used for that but had been used for work trains and as a lay-up but it had not been used in years because it was not maintained.

I don't think it may ever be used again either.

1. Those Slants look fresh!

2. Leaving Fourth Avenue going towards Manhattan, the express tracks split into three and the middle track descends to who knows where. That is the track I'm talking about that may never be used again if it is replaced.

1. Those Slants look fresh!

2. Leaving Fourth Avenue going towards Manhattan, the express tracks split into three and the middle track descends to who knows where. That is the track I'm talking about that may never be used again if it is replaced.

Ok, I know what you're talking about... that area with 5 tracks. Here's my guess. Since the 70(GG) terminated at Smith & 9th and they still wanted to continue express service, the 70(GG) would relay on that track.

Ok, I know what you're talking about... that area with 5 tracks. Here's my guess. Since the 70(GG) terminated at Smith & 9th and they still wanted to continue express service, the 70(GG) would relay on that track.

I don't even think that was the case because during rush hours the (G) train would continue to Church Avenue and the (F) went express only during that time. Smith-Ninth Streets was only a terminal for (G) trains during non-rush hours.

The G can't terminate at Smith 9, if there was express F service. The G will have to do crossover back to the express tracks and then cross into the locals.

If thats your guess it's wrong. There was not always 70(F) express service since 1933, infact until the 50's the 70(D) train went to Church Ave. Back in the 70's, the 70(GG) fram to Church Ave and relayed there. I also explained what the middle track was used for a few threads bacl too.

We're not talking about adding (F) express service, we're talking about how 70(GG) service went along with the (F) express service in the past.

Yes, precisely. All of this express track rehabilitation eventually ties in with past service patterns and how the tracks were used before being eventually disused and falling into disrepair.

Archived