Lionel Pennsylvania R.R GP9 ABA Coal Hauler

Keep in mind this has been growing for about 10 years now except for three trains:

The Amtrak Silver Spike with just 3 cars that was the original set

The Lionel Freight Flyer Just like your Cannonball But I threw away the broken engine

The K-Line Coca Cola Express 5 unit train

along with 4 extra cars from 89/90 from Lionel and that was it.. until after I graduated H.S. and I was working since 15 so once I had a decent job in retail I could start affording trains again. Ten years of collecting once I had the funds so I'm guessing less than $10,000. I got much of my collection cheap. The online store Trainz along with Trainworld Sold me alot for cheap. The Subways alone were about $5,000 a little less. I pretty much have them all. The other trains again I got them cheap but some were more expensive than others. To answer your question: less than $10,000. By the way I'm not done yet...

Neat stuff!

I've always thought cabless B units were interesting, i'm sad a bit they don't use them that way in designing anymore. I believe only BNSF has B units in service these days.

- A

I got the idea by seeing a picture of a GP9 Santa Fe warbonnet in a train commercial. They look great in a long consist. They are very hard to get though. I think that I might be missing a PRR "B" Unit but can't make sure of it. Oh well It looks better in NYC livery. Thanks Metsfan hope you are feeling better... best wishes.

Thanks, I will. Enjoy your sets they look great. If you want some track I can give you some. I have too many curves and straights that are new and new looking and I want to get rid of them because my train require larger/wider radius curved track. Let me know if you or anyone else is interested... Stay tuned I will eventually post pics and video of the revered R27 Lionel subway... see you on the next train...

Cool, well at the moment I don't have much space in my room, so I won't be able to add any more tracks, but thank you for the offer.

Your welcome, I thought you might want to replace the rusty track with some new cean ones for free. No strings. Just want to get rid of them. I have too many. Next time then just drop me a line.

Your welcome, I thought you might want to replace the rusty track with some new cean ones for free. No strings. Just want to get rid of them. I have too many. Next time then just drop me a line.

Well don't get rid of them just yet ;)

In some time and future I might still take up that offer, with much appreciation. O27 right?

Nice!

Yeah, thankfully I'll be able to take much better care of my current ones.

Sadly nearly 20 years of rust have taken their toll on the original tracks. I tried scrubbing off the rust on the tracks, but it didn't help much.

But I have enough new tracks for two complete oval sets. Basically everything in those pics are all new tracks [except for the 'circle'] and i've 'retired' the old tracks.

I have a new layout by repositioning the switch tracks, which fully uses all the new tracks. I'll post those pics on this thread if I ever get a chance/remember to post them.

Archived