Sept - Nov timetable change on port jeff east of Huntington...

Matt91

Wait until the LIRR posts the front-page timetable change notice. The preliminary version in TrainTalk talks about trackwork on Montauk, Oyster Bay, Babylon, and Port Jefferson.

In the spring, when the weekend bused the West Hempstead, they advised us of a need for a Valley Stream shutdown weekend during the fall. Well, fall is near. What exactly is going on?

I know that LIRR is upgrading certain areas to make using the existing ROW safer & faster. A lot of the stuff out there today is pretty much the same configuration as when steam hauled trains ran over the tracks.

I also know that several trackage owners have been rebuilding grade crossings to make the pass over safer & smoother for automobiles & trucks.

- A

Thanks, just took a look now. Maybe we'll see some central branch action that weekend. And btw I live on the north shore

I think that they may do the Central Branch Reroute like they did for Ronkonkoma trains.

Only problem I see is persuading the public to take an eastbound train to go west and vice versa from stations Rockville Centre to Babylon. Good thing there's a crossover just east of Rockville Centre. Busing will be needed for the Far Rockaway, Long Beach, and West Hempstead branches.

One thing I don't want to see is east of KO busing because of the need to reallocate diesel equipment to do reroutes. Electrify the Central Branch someday....

Archived