Newark city subway (rte 7).

metsfan

The PCC cars. Several have been rebuilt/refurbished by Brookville & put into service in other parts of the country... Would be keen to see them on the HBLR!

- A

Absolutely, but I'm not sure if the Newark Subway runs with the same voltage as the HBLR. If so, then the PCCs might have their original taps from running on the Newark Subway rendering them incompatible with the HBLR.

The PCC cars. Several have been rebuilt/refurbished by Brookville & put into service in other parts of the country

- A

some idiot sued them and now they're out of business... so now there might be no other company that restores PCC cars...

The PCCs are retired for good, but NJT decided to store them at a HBLR facility instead of scrapping them. I'm guessing that NJT still has yet to sell them to various museums.

Actually they are technically not retired. They are going to be put on some loop thing in Bayonne at some point, though I'm sure with all the money being put into that pit they are digging to NY there are no funds for this.

Archived