New schedules go in effect 11-08-2009.

metsfan

List of the information from NJT:

New Rail Schedules Take Effect Sunday, November 8, 2009

Issued: October 27, 2009

New schedules will take effect Sunday, November 8, 2009, on all NJ TRANSIT rail lines. Customers are encouaraged to carefully review new timetables, as many departure times have been adjusted slightly. Printed timetables will be available in stations and aboard trains. You can view PDF versions of your upcoming timetable by clicking the line name below:

Schedule Highlights by Line

Atlantic City Rail Line

Several station stop times have been adjusted slightly. Please review schedule panels for details.

Main/Bergen County/Port Jervis

An additional train from Hoboken to Waldwick will operate on weekday mornings, departing at Hoboken at 7:37 A.M.

Several station stop times have been adjusted slightly. Please review schedule panels for details.

Montclair-Boonton Line

Weekend service will begin Sunday, November 8, between Bay Street (Montclair) and Hoboken, with connecting service to/from Midtown Direct trains at Newark Broad Street.

Morris & Essex Lines

The last weekday train from Dover (departing at 11:37 p.m.) will now operate to New York. Hoboken customers should change trains at Newark Broad Street.

The last weekday train to Dover will now operate from New York, departing at 1:58 a.m. Hoboken customers should take Main Line train 1101 to Secaucus, then transfer to Train 6605 for travel to Newark Broad Street and all stations to Dover (present your ticket to the faregate attendant).

Two reverse-peak trains (from New York in the morning, to New York in the evening) have been added, and several station stop times have been adjusted slightly. Please review schedule panels for details.

North Jersey Coast Line

Reverse-peak service (from New York in the morning, to New York in the evening) has been adjusted. Several trains have been added to the schedule.

Northeast Corridor

Reverse-peak service (from New York in the morning, to New York in the evening) has been adjusted. Several trains have been added to the schedule.

Some trains may experience minor delays between Trenton and New Brunswick due to ongoing Amtrak concrete tie replacement.

Pascack Valley Line

The last weekday train from Spring Valley will now depart at 11:26 p.m.

The last weekend train from Spring Valley will now operate slightly earlier.

Raritan Valley Line

An additional train from Plainfield to Newark has been added on weekday evenings, and an additional train from Raritan to Newark has been added on weekend evenings.

If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555.

-------------------------------------------

Wow, lots more service! :eek::tup:

- A

I'm liking the reversed peak train idea on the Gladstone Branch, but taking out the Hoboken to Dover trains mean 2 less electric trains to Hoboken...

I have a feeling they are going to change diesel loco assignments once they see how this new schedule works. My theory is that they may lease some HEP units from amtrak till the ALP-45's come or some such, run them from hoboken. I guess we'll see....

By the time ARC is completed, we will have all the MLV ordered so far delivered, all of the ALP-45's delivered, possible EMU replacements delivered, ALP-46a's delivered, and possibly lackawanna cutoff service to scranton, and west trenton line, and the old CNJ line to philipsburg re-activated. Also upcoming is portal bridge replacement, which will replace 2 tracks with 5, and then by 2020 electrification possibly to bay head. I don't blame them for shuffling the schedule around. I know for a fact that they could add many more trains, you'd simply need to make them express going to and from to not have a log jam. :cool:

- A

Some of those new trains are actually deadhead moves being made into revenue trains. Train 6656 is currently a deadhead move from Dover to NYP for example.

That's what i was thinking but i wasnt sure since i'm no expert on what (NJT) does as far as non-pax moves. There are actually still quite a few deadhead moves as far as i've personally seen, but they may not be 100% related to the peak/off peak shuffle.

- A

By the time ARC is completed, we will have all the MLV ordered so far delivered, all of the ALP-45's delivered, possible EMU replacements delivered, ALP-46a's delivered, and possibly lackawanna cutoff service to scranton, and west trenton line, and the old CNJ line to philipsburg re-activated. Also upcoming is portal bridge replacement, which will replace 2 tracks with 5, and then by 2020 electrification possibly to bay head. I don't blame them for shuffling the schedule around. I know for a fact that they could add many more trains, you'd simply need to make them express going to and from to not have a log jam. :cool:

- A

Kinda jumpy aren't we Andy? The ARC will be done by 2015. The Lackawanna Cut-Off would only go as far as East Stousburgh by then, not Scanton. West Trenton Line isn't even confirmed yet, you'd have a better chance of having the MOM line working by then. The Philipsburg Line is even up for design yet. And NJ Transit might scrap plan for southern electrification to Bay Head due to the incoming ALP-45DMs There won't be any need.

Kinda jumpy aren't we Andy? The ARC will be done by 2015. The Lackawanna Cut-Off would only go as far as East Stousburgh by then, not Scanton. West Trenton Line isn't even confirmed yet, you'd have a better chance of having the MOM line working by then. The Philipsburg Line is even up for design yet. And NJ Transit might scrap plan for southern electrification to Bay Head due to the incoming ALP-45DMs There won't be any need.

The plan is service to scranton via ES to/from hoboken...

NJ_Transit.JPG

- A

I highly doubt NJT will go to Scranton, I think PA is pushing for Amtrak to serve Scranton and NYS wants Amtrak in Binghamton. I'd point you to the thread on railroad.net, but most of what's posted in it is now simply :deadhorse:

Amtrak to buffalo via bing from ES? I like it.

- A

Reading in my monthly DVARP newsletter, i have discovered 2 items.

One is a (NJT) station adjacent to morisville yard, which has provisioning and land set aside for such, and the other is funding for (NJT) to run to scranton from hoboken & possibly new york. PA would fund service to scranton, NJ would pay for the morrisville station.

Seeing as both areas previously held a station & there is interest on both sides of the river, i see it as highly likely for both to happen. Since the site of the former PRR morrisville station is unsuitable for long trains to stop (PRR platforms traditionally allowed boarding via the end doors of 2 cars), a new location having the zoning & base infrastructure in place, i see nothing getting in the way of that.

Combined with other projects, funded or not, these 2 initiatives will further prove that bi-state cooperation is not only a viable solution to expansion of rail transportation, but the best way to not burden amtrak till they do some things they need to do, including new locos, negotiating w/ freight carriers, and get new railcars to replace the eventually retiring current "old" fleet.

(MTA) & (NJT) also partner in west of hudson service to new york. I think its only a matter of time till a "northeast interstate transportation system" is formed, allowing further burdens of commuters off of amtrak, letting them focus on high speed rail corridors & faster transcontinental service & compete with the airlines.

- A

Archived