Automobile Ignition System Help

R44 5278

I am currently researching about the old automobile inductive ignition system with a distributor and I'm stuck in calculating certain components. I chose the ratio of 1:70 coil turns from the primary to secondary coil, which results roughly around 243 primary coil turns and 17000 secondary coil turns. If I were to use 12v for the primary coil, how do I calculate the output on the secondary coil for around 10000v using mutual inductance and Faraday's Law of Induction? After that, how do I solve for charge time , voltage rise time , and spark duration using the distributor? Please also include an equations/formulas in addition to the numbers.

I am currently researching about the old automobile inductive ignition system with a distributor and I'm stuck in calculating certain components. I chose the ratio of 1:70 coil turns from the primary to secondary coil, which results roughly around 243 primary coil turns and 17000 secondary coil turns. If I were to use 12v for the primary coil, how do I calculate the output on the secondary coil for around 10000v using mutual inductance and Faraday's Law of Induction? After that, how do I solve for charge time , voltage rise time , and spark duration using the distributor? Please also include an equations/formulas in addition to the numbers.

Yo !

was that in English !

sorry :P

Thanks, that helped a lot!

Are you serious? Just b/c you don't know Physics doesn't mean you should mock me for still learning about my interest.

Dude

I was not mocking you, i was just making a joke.

I dont know physics and chemistry, and i envy people who know any of these subjects

Archived