Current PATH Service

EE Broadway Local

The few times i've ridden PATH at night was in winter, that nice blast of wind at exp will wake you up quick! :eek: Also, WTC & jsq being open to the elements doesn't help either.. :confused: At least hoboken and newport on the overnite/weekend train aren't so bad! :cool:

- A

journal sq does have an indoor waiting weather for very cold/bad weather right above the platform. plus i think jsq has 'in station ' montiors telling when the next train is leaving so in hot weather there a/c upstairs. port authority should then bulid on platform heaters during the winter at jsq.

reagrding wtc, prior to 9/11 that station was 'indoors' with weather controlled platforms. if and when the new permement wtc is bulit i am sure it will be once again indoors. still a station being cold or hot is not an exxuse to run near empty trains frequent (ie every 5-10 minutes)at 2am in morning.

journal sq does have an indoor waiting weather for very cold/bad weather right above the platform. plus i think jsq has 'in station ' montiors telling when the next train is leaving so in hot weather there a/c upstairs. port authority should then bulid on platform heaters during the winter at jsq.

reagrding wtc, prior to 9/11 that station was 'indoors' with weather controlled platforms. if and when the new permement wtc is bulit i am sure it will be once again indoors. still a station being cold or hot is not an exxuse to run near empty trains frequent (ie every 5-10 minutes)at 2am in morning.

Simple, just have 5 second dwell times, see how many trains you can cut with that & keep a short interval. ;)

- A

Interesting. On Sundays, PATH begins fifteen minute service from Newark to the World Trade Center at 7:00am and from the World Trade Center to Newark at 7:27am but doesn't begin ten minute service from Journal Square to 33d Street (Via Hoboken) until 9:57am and from 33d Street to Journal Square (Via Hoboken) until 10:29am.

Saturday service is similiar except Journal Square to 33d Street has fifteen minute service between 7:16am and 9:57am and 33d Street to Journal Square has fifteen minute service between 8:15am and 10:29am.

Sundays, Journal Square - 33d Street trains are :16 and :46 with the final train at 9:57am and 33d Street - Journal Square trains are :15 and :45 with the final train being 10:29am. This begins with the 6:45am and 7:12am trains.

Archived