NJTA planned spring service changes

Ken S.

Service changes being planned for the spring schedule change and pick

Noteworthy changes being planned for commuter routes;

(;) - Trains will no longer stop at South Orange Station.

©/(M) - Through-line runs will operate express between Summit and Newark.

(E) - Service to Brick Church Station will be discontinued.

(F) - Service to Secaucus Junction will be discontinued.

(I) - Trains will operate express between South Orange and Newark.

<I> - Trains will operate express between MSU and Newark

(J) - A new late evening train to NYP will be added as will a late night train from NYP.

(L) - A new late night train from Hoboken will be added.

(Q) - Trains will no longer stop at South Orange Station.

(T) - No changes planned.

(Y) - Discontinue stop at Great Notch.

(Z) - Discontinue stop at Great Notch.

(2) - Discontinue :me: rush hour service due to low ridership.

(3) - Discontinue Secaucus stop.

(5) - Discontinue Secaucus stop.

(7) - Discontinue Great Notch stop.

(8) - Discontinue weekend service due to low ridership.

Subway changes;

(A) - Add new late night trains to ease overcrowding.

(D) - Discontinue weekend service north of Morristown, replace with (I) and (Q) service.

(G) - No changes planned.

(H) - No changes planned.

(K) - Discontinue weekend service west of Willowbrook Mall.

(N) - No changes planned.

(O) - No changes planned.

(R) - Full time cutback to West Milford.

(V) - Early morning diesel trains will be operated engine forward to allow for proper operation during midday hours.

(1) - Headways cut due to trackwork.

(4) - Extra late night trains added due to (6) change.

(6) - Discontinue service west of Willowbrook Mall on weekends and late nights. (4) makes all local stops west of Willowbrook.

(9) - Headways cut due to trackwork.

Letters received regarding the spring service change proposals and the responses to the complaints. Authors names withheld.

Cuts to subway and commuter rail service. Take away my :me: (2) service. I guess I'll start driving again. Dropping Secaucus on the (3), come summer they'll regret it. Weekend service cuts, wrong route. The (V) should be cut before the (K) is. When is the (5) getting the new cars? Whenever NJTA feels like sending them. NJTA cuts service this year and then intends to raise fares next year, what happened the (MTA) cut off the Metrocard money? Next thing NJTA does is cut Midtown Direct service and maybe they'll discontinue the L while they're at it.

1. The L is currently under study to determine ridership levels. No decision has been made yet regarding the L.

2. The G and K follow the same routing from Willowbrook to Townsquare.

3. Most (95%) of the ridership on those (2) trains were (NJT) ticket holders.

4. NJTA never wanted the Secaucus stop anyway. That's why Secaucus fares are listed as Hoboken fares.

5. The Comet VIs were assigned to the (;) and (Q) trains because 12-car MU trains were packed by Summit.

6. A fare increase is up to (NJT) and the (MTA). NJTA only honors fare increases when it is needed to maintain a cross-honoring agreement. If NJTA were to raise fares. Unlimited Ride Metrocards would no longer be accepted on buses and subways.

No more service to Great Notch. No (D) north of Morristown on weekends. (1) and (9) service cut. No (R) north of West Milford. No weekend (K) west of Willowbrook. I guess NJTA's about ready to throw in the towel and intend to dismantle themselves piece by piece. I guess NJTA doesn't care that I was forced to squeeze into a rusted subway car on the (6), another victim of service cuts. That ridership on the (C) has increased yet the crews have this habit of only opening one door for the entire train. A car on the F smelled like something was burning. :mbl: service has been cut to levels where it makes more sense to drive. Crews on trains from the mall yell into the PA about tickets, yet some don't even collect them. Buses are filthy, late, and overcrowded. Those new buses are a joke, they've broken down on me ten times. Taxi companies must love when NJTA breaks down..

1. NJTA is not shutting down, this is a scale back of operations to reduce the amount of labor.

2.The new cars on A Division subways are suffering from computer problems and have been removed from service.

3.The C/R and R/B on the C who only used one door have been disciplined for violation of NJTA door opening policies as are crews who refuse to collect tickets.

4. Local buses are often used 24/7 and thus can not be serviced. If there is a health or safety concern inform the B/O. Articulated buses are in use on several routes already, however they can not be put on every route.

5. The Hybrid buses are having a twenty step maintenance program developed.

6. The taxi companies do not profit off of NJTA's customers. NJTA has been taking the taxi customers away.

7. The car you mentioned on the F was inspected and found to have had nothing wrong with it.

I might just pull an R&T and replace weekend (C) & (E) trains with (B) & (M) trains for several weeks after the trackwork is done just to annoy the riders.

Thats something R&T wouldn't do. That just plain ol' sounds like the MTA at rare times where they have a G.O. still going just for the hell of it.

Its an R&T if thats a permachange like what they did with the 10.....

Thats something R&T wouldn't do. That just plain ol' sounds like the MTA at rare times where they have a G.O. still going just for the hell of it.

Its an R&T if thats a permachange like what they did with the 10.....

That thing with the (C) & (M) might become a permachange since most (C) service is being covered by "borrowed" Arrow III sets and management doesn't like sending the F40s to Flemington or running diesels on the (M) to begin with. Which means that the 11 stations (9 + 2 abandoned stations) between Summit and Newark would lose a frequency. I guess that's the R&T part.

That thing with the (C) & (M) might become a permachange since most (C) service is being covered by "borrowed" Arrow III sets and management doesn't like sending the F40s to Flemington or running diesels on the (M) to begin with. Which means that the 11 stations (9 + 2 abandoned stations) between Summit and Newark would lose a frequency. I guess that's the R&T part.

Ya, Red and $hit for sure.

Board of Directors voted.

Great Notch station is gone, NJTA trains will no longer provide service to the following (NJT) stations.

:mbl:

Great Notch

Mountain Avenue

Watchung Avenue

Watsessing

:me: changes affect the (L) & (T) only

Mount Tabor (T)

Mountain Station

Highland Avenue

Grove Street

Roseville Avenue

Archived