Martin Luther King Day Railfan Trip

I have a dream...that all railfans, regardless of race or ethnicity, will join me on January 18 (which happens to be my 25th birthday) for some railfanning.

Tentative itinerary

Meet at 33rd Street (PATH)

PATH to Hoboken. Take some pics (wait for PA5. If it doesn't come after 20 minutes move on)

Take some bus and NJ Transit pics

Walk to Newport Centre Mall via new pedestrian path (excellent view of Lower Manhattan)

Lunch at Newport Centre Mall (there's a McDonald's, Burger King, Popeyes, the generic mall food court)

HBLR either to Tonnelle Avenue or 22nd Street (or if time permits, both)

(Optional) PATH from Exchange Place to Newark

Only post in this thread if you want to attend this trip

This trip is weather permitting. If it's one of those days with a 50 mph wind and a wind chill of -10 then the trip isn't happening. If it's 35+ degrees and sunny, then see you in Jersey!

I have a dream...that all railfans, regardless of race or ethnicity, will join me on January 18 (which happens to be my 25th birthday) for some railfanning.

Tentative itinerary

Meet at 33rd Street (PATH)

PATH to Hoboken. Take some pics (wait for PA5. If it doesn't come after 20 minutes move on)

Take some bus and NJ Transit pics

Walk to Newport Centre Mall via new pedestrian path (excellent view of Lower Manhattan)

Lunch at Newport Centre Mall (there's a McDonald's, Burger King, Popeyes, the generic mall food court)

HBLR either to Tonnelle Avenue or 22nd Street (or if time permits, both)

(Optional) PATH from Exchange Place to Newark

Only post in this thread if you want to attend this trip

This trip is weather permitting. If it's one of those days with a 50 mph wind and a wind chill of -10 then the trip isn't happening. If it's 35+ degrees and sunny, then see you in Jersey!

Trip is cancelled. Apparently no one wants to hang out with me.

Archived