GP40FH-2 at secaucus mystery.

metsfan

This looks like it would be pulling in to SEC on track F, but trying to figure out what train it is. Taken at ~11:48 am.

P1062981.jpg

I wish i was able to get a better photo, but it was massively freezing cold and it was hard to get the AF to lock in properly at that amount of zoom.

- A

Ok, after some quick research, it's a train to suffern, the 11:38 am train from hoboken, train number 1113. Another train, also pulled by a FH-2 was on track one, going to ridgewood at 1:35.

Here is the same train, pulling out.

P1062982.jpg

So it looks like the FH-2's are stuck to hoboken division till they retire. Anyone else see them on the :njc: or :pvl:/:mb:?

- A

Did I see a Comet III in that train?

The last of the comet 3's are floating around here and there, usually with HVAC broken or only going to half the car. On a train in august 2 were next to each other in a loco-4cab-2-2-3-3-4-5cab consist pulled by a 44, the one next to the 4 cab car had no power aside from doors, the other one had lights no HVAC. I stood in the middle vestibule of the one with no power, was one of the quietest morning train rides ever, no one really sat in the car & there were no flat spots making noise, no HVAC, no lighting hum. Was a bit warm but was relaxing. :cool:

The comet 3's i've seen or been on since have had issues, i think they just are not bothering to fix them, as the MLV order is proceeding on schedule, the remaining comets will be moved to long branch/bay head, the A/C probably to be fixed by/around march for summer season.

Based on what i've heard, and my observations over the last 3 years, (NJT) will remove the comet 1's, put the comet 3's in storage at MMC where the comet 1's now are by the end of 2010/beginning 2011, at which time the 46a's will be largely delivered, and most of the MLV's will be delivered as well, some of the older/more problematic arrow pairs will be retired at the end of this phase out, and then once all MLV and 46a are delivered orders for new EMU will be placed, which will entirely replace the arrows, then the dual modes will come into play, expanded routes and service will demand new coaches, possibly more MLV, single level coaches do have a future, especially on the :ac:, but i believe by the time ARC is completed, (NJT) will be MLV push/pull and new EMU, with only the comet 5's still poking around from the current fleet.

- A

Archived