Your Government is Screwing You Again

SubwayGuy

it'll get to the point where people are so bombarded with political ads that it wont matter in the end, plus not every corporation is going to back the Republicans, there are companies out there that favor the Democrats, particularly media companies like Apple and General Electric. Itll be a big advantage to Republicans no doubt, I think we could see seats like Schumers and Barbara Boxer's go to Republicans, already the GOP is making a comeback in New England.

The thing about business is, you have a choice, if you hate Coke you can go to Pepsi, if you hate Dell you can buy HP, if you hate Wall Mart, you can shop at Target. Its a lot tougher to get away from bad government. If you think here is bad, its not as easy to hop a plane and move to Britain.

My guess is, if it really does get out of hand theyll just make another law in 10-15 years moving it back to wehre it was.

When will you see it's not about Democrats vs. Republicans? Basically the corporations are going to pull a Bloomberg and shout down the opposition by outspending them. And they are going to be blasting candidates who do not support their corporate agendas which involve making themselves as much money as possible, whether those candidates are Democrats and Republicans.

In other words, they will be beating Americans over the head on TV with the message that they should take the least advantageous decision for themselves by voting for candidates that favor corporate special interests...and we all know how gullible people are on TV.

As for the last part of your post, I hope they reinstitute the law and actually go even further next time, I just hope it doesn't take 10-15 years.

-Ban any campaign contributions by any organization to any political party or candidate (All contributions MUST be made by individuals)

-Any contract or agreement where an individual agrees to make a campaign contribution is unenforceable (Prevents corp's from paying their employees and having them sign an agreement to donate it to a candidate or party)

-Contributions must be made by individuals freely using their own money.

Subway Guy you seem to love politics. Planning to run for public office?

Yes he is. Don't believe his hype about hating politics. He Bleeds red and blue...............

Actually I hate politics, and I hate getting screwed unless it's by a beautiful woman and she is clean...

I thought the one with the "unit", does the screwing. What kinda "woman" are you talking about???????

When the founding fathers created this great nation.

Julio, you know lots of people were excluded when our founding fathers found this "great" nation. I don't think they thought this nation was so great during those times of having no rights, and catering to master...........

I thought the one with the "unit", does the screwing. What kinda "woman" are you talking about???????

It was an attempt at humor, Mr. Literal. Obviously I would do the screwing and the beautiful woman would do the enjoying...and I would be enjoying it too...

Yes he is. Don't believe his hype about hating politics. He Bleeds red and blue...............

I bleed red and blue because I'm a proud American who remembers what this country used to be like even not that long ago...not because of politics. But I sure as hell don't bleed green like these crooks and the corporations they cater to seem to think...

Subway Guy, I'm usually at the other end of the spectrum of your politics, but I agree with you 100% here. It's the result of the YouTube Generation who thinks it's more important to know who got kicked off of American Idol than know about their Community Board, or in my case in my small town in PA, my Borough Councilmen.

:tup:

Well what can I say it is true that people need to be informed and involved. I just wish more people would see corporations for what they are than what they are supposed to be. Yes, they are supposed to invest in the community, create jobs, etc. However, they hoard profits, cut jobs whenever things get a little rough, pay their executives huge bonuses while doing all this, outsource as many jobs as possible to cut costs, lobby for tax cuts, and collectively run a trade deficit that's bankrupting this country. And when that does happen, they claim they need more breaks to make more profit to make the system work after they have gotten exactly what they wanted for the last quarter century and all this country has to show for it is a big IOU with a Chinese flag on it. If more people paid attention, they might see that.

Archived